Thread: bandwidth control

Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    ppl i need to control the bandwidth of each user on my lan to limit there download speed ....

plz help

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    fOrUmAs's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    google netlimiter and see if this is what u looking for

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Zaxx's Avatar Ol' Skool P2P BT Rep: +3
    NetLimiter is great but it's OS level..speeds can be easily chaged by users. If I'm thinking right, you'll need to control speeds at/via the router. I'm sure someone here can tell you more.

My router has a built in 'traffic cop' type feature...maybe yours does as well..
    Last edited by Zaxx; 03-06-2008 at 11:36 PM.
    "It's not what ya got, it's what you give."
    Please do not PM me for invites. Thx.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    SenorBubbz's Avatar /¨_¨°.-.§.-.°¨_¨\ BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaxx View Post
    NetLimiter is great but it's OS level..speeds can be easily chaged by users. If I'm thinking right, you'll need to control speeds at/via the router. I'm sure someone here can tell you more.

My router has a built in 'traffic cop' type feature...maybe yours does as well..
    He's right, it's the best way. What type of router do you have?
    o hai

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    I think it's kinda difficult not all routers have such a feature
    But it's urgent (and u already have the right to do) try blocking all the ports but 80 it's simple and works

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    QoS in your router is what you're looking for...it's not specific (at least on my router) about the exact amount of bandwidth each node can use, but you can set who has priority over who. I know most of the latest linksys routers have this. If you had a wrt54g, you could install the dd-wrt custom firmware--i believe it has some better QoS stuff

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Yeah most linksys can have dd-wrt or open-wrt installed to implement QoS. Not the greatest option but not the worst.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    i got a d-link router 500t