Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: trackes that forbid giveaway

..... BT Rep: +2
    That is why i do not have rep points...Oh well! No giveaways here nor invites!
    Trades-are lame! Being respectful n working your way up here and @ your tracks! Love giveaways myself but seems not right. Think of the person who invited you, then your invitee is their responsibility too, who wants that on their back? Half of em get your invites taken by acting up-trading-ect! If we can signup anyone can including your track mods so-? Lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by grimms View Post
    Exactly what benchez said. Refrain at all costs, from doing invite giveaway's(I learned a lesson or two from this as well). That rep bullshit is lame as well. Screw levels. Just be honest, active, enjoy what you already have, be happy and let live kids.
    Those that do not engage in trading, Giveaways are the only way we non traders-cheaters can get a invite to some places so it sucks that it is that way but i respect it.Some members here are great people. Plus this forum is more than invites and giveaways. There is a lot of other threads.
    If people measure trusted users by req-asking for a free invite (once in a while.) in a giveaway-and say they are not good members cause of is-

Quote Originally Posted by Sanka113 View Post
    I've posted this a few times... For the most part people underestimate that some people evaluate those who enter their giveaways by more than rep points. Alot of people here check post history in addition to profile links and rep not to determine who a "good" user is. The reason why most trackers don't allow giveaways and what not is because it's a standard built on the belief that most people are idiots that don't know who to invite and what not. Like I said, this is a standard that you'll see posted on 80% of trackers because they use the same faq/rules . Here on FST alot of people are educated torrenters and should be treated so unless they've proven otherwise. If you are a go by the book person then don't do giveaways, let them sit in your account to rot. You'll have friends but your friends probably won't be noobs and won't need your invites. Some general rules are a little too general. If you always followed them then you wouldn't be torrenting.
    Last edited by pone44; 03-08-2008 at 02:47 AM. Reason: double post.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Nemrod's Avatar Buffering my life BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    I must agree with Benchez. I made 1 or 2 giveaways, a complete failure, huge disappointment.
    3/4 of invites I gave are unused and some users banned for cheating... I said: no more.
    Now I give invites but to people I choose and in a private way.

I realized -and please, donīt misunderstand me, Iīm refering to the act not to the person, and I know some of those giveaways are with the only desire of help (I respect every position)-, that giveaways are, many of them, a huge irresponsibility and a disrespect to the trackers.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    jonny81985's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    I personally like giveaways (although i do respect trackers, i always ask for permission to do giveways and most staff know and trust me to be responsible) because they help those of us who dont trade. I know what some of you are probably thinking.... He just wants invites, but the truth is i dont want/need anymore invites. I am just here to help people who were in the same position i was a few months ago.

If you are responsible and carefl in your giveaways i think it actually benefits the communities. A good user is a good user regardless of where he came from.

That being sad i think we should never generalize anything. I respect everyone's opinion and I am just offering mine

Jon

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    adissan's Avatar Piers Morgan Fan BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    This thing sounds stupid

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    BlueLabel's Avatar everybody jump BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    what thing?? giveaway ot not giveaway??
    thank you S', you're realy good friend and I will never forget it.
    Linux Box by naq , Tracker Rules by Grind$oFine

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    saqib's Avatar Levels killing BT BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by benchez View Post
    Giving an invite away randomly on FST is one of the stupidest things you can do.
    A lot of the time the person you invite will be a bad user, and some of the time will get you in trouble too.
    If you are after rep.points then realise this:
    Users with rep.points are not trusted by tracker staffers as a general rule.
    Most of the members here with high-rep points are children who play the level game.
    agree with u mate , nice conclusion

here's my appeal: don't let invites become a currency!
    ( courtesy .PolarBear )

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    BEGINER's Avatar NOOB BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Quote Originally Posted by benchez View Post
    Giving an invite away randomly on FST is one of the stupidest things you can do.
    A lot of the time the person you invite will be a bad user, and some of the time will get you in trouble too.
    If you are after rep.points then realise this:
    Users with rep.points are not trusted by tracker staffers as a general rule.
    Most of the members here with high-rep points are children who play the level game.
    I agree also with you
    Sorry for my bad English
    And i hope that i will give some trackers,but for free,because im non-trader...
    Invites wich i have,i will give for free

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123