Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 700mb file. two private trackers. how do i

thishead's Avatar Member BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    download from sources off of both trackers at the same time?

i use utorrent 1.7.7

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    I'm staff,kiss m ass BT Rep: +1
    I wouldn't do it, that would screw the stats wouldn't it?

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    copy both announce urls into the same torrent. you might get banned because its called ghosting i believe and it cheats your upload so that both trackers will get your total upload. NO trackers allow this (except pubs of course), and there are probably scripts to catch you if the trackers you're thinking about are decent ones

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    thishead's Avatar Member BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    i tried that for like a second or two b4 i made this topic but when i reopend utorrent to see if the new source would show up i couldnt get any sources. red, access denied. i only trid it for a few seconds tho hope they dont get pissed

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    spybot229's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Found this on what.cd might help. i dunno

HOW TO UPLOAD THE SAME FILES TO 2 PRIVATE TRACKERS.

step by step guide using uTorrent 1.6
    by: thewimp
    thanks to: Tich

introduction:
    This tutorial will explain how to upload an album to two different private trackers.
    I have seen some people doing things like adding 2 trackers to the same torrent job, this is a bad thing and
    will be flagged as cheating. So I decided to write this tutorial to help people do it the right way. Tich was the first to talk about that on the other thread, so the kudos go to him.
    The tutorial was made using uTorrent 1.6, but may work with any version.

CREATING THE FIRST TORRENT

first you will need some album to upload. I'll use an imaginary one, let's call it "waffos - best hits"

now you have to upload it to the tracker, but first you'll need to create the torrent:
    open uTorrent, click on 'create new torrent'.
    a window will pop, now follow the instructions:

1 - click on 'add directory' and point to the folder you want to upload.
    2 - paste the tracker url from waffles upload page/use your url with the passkey.
    3 - since this is the first torrent you will create, it's recommended to leave this option on auto detect.
    4 - UNTICK start seeding, TICK private torrent.
    5 - click on 'create and save as...' button, the progress bar below it will fill up, and you'll be asked where you want to save the .torrent.

click on 'close' button.

now you can see a new job added to uTorrent, you may want to label it, or just leave it on No Label category.
    click on the torrent job, you'll notice some tabs below it, click on the general tab, now you have to check the 'piece size' used by uTorrent .

this is needed because:
    1 - the piece size was set to auto during torrent creation so you need to know what size was used.
    2 - you will have to select a different piece size for the second torrent

pic:

now go to the upload page on waffles and select the .torrent you have created, upload it and start seeding.

ADDITIONAL STEPS: if you have used the standard tracker url (i.e. without passkey), you may have to download the .torrent file on the upload page in order to proper seed it. To do this, just download it from the page, open uTorrent, select the new torrent job you have created, CLICK ON REMOVE BUTTON (otherwise uTorrent will try to add new tracker to existing job), add the new .torrent you downloaded and point it to your album folder (in this case: G:\waffos - best hits).

now you're done with the first torrent, let's create the second torrent to upload to what.cd tracker.

CREATING SECOND TORRENT

click on create a new torrent, the same window will popup.

As you can see on the pic above, the folder will be the same as the first (YOU DON'T NEED TO MODIFY THE FILES INSIDE THE FOLDER).
    Now you have to use the what.cd tracker, get it from your what.cd upload page.
    IMPORTANT STEP: this is the where you do the trick, you'll have to select a different piece size for the new torrent. In this example, the first torrent have a piece size of 512 kB, so I'll select a close number, like 256 or 1024 kB.
    Untick start seeding, TICK private torrent.
    Click on 'create and save as...' and save the new .torrent on a different location, or with a different name (otherwise uTorrent will ask to overwrite the first one). remember to keep your .torrent stored because you may need them on the future.
    uTorrent will add a new job and now you can see 2 exactly identical torrents on the job list, but one is for waffles and the other is for what. I strongly suggest that you create labels for better management of your upload jobs.
    upload the new torrent to what.cd and start seeding.

that's it, you now have 2 identical torrents on two different private trackers.

please suggest corrections or additions to the tutorial.
    cheers.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    he is downloading not uploading..

i think you should just pick the fastest tracker of the 2, and if you think its gonna be really slow then combining them both won't help that much, so find it on a pub or something
    Last edited by T.S.O.L.; 03-08-2008 at 04:13 AM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Poster
    If it's only one file pick one tracker. If it's multiple rar files you can have one tracker download part of the files and the other can do the rest. Or you can even use more than two.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Just upload the files and make sure to rename the torrent file. Example, ScT torrent file for the movie "The Mist" would be labeled "The Mist". If you wanted to upload the same exact file on Revtt you would name the second torrent file "The Mist 2008" The torrent file that is. You still would have to create a torrent and upload the same movie twice. It's just done from the same file(Movie file not torrent file). Also you would use a different piece size. Never have one torrent file announce to two different trackers. Thats called cheating.
    Last edited by grimms; 03-08-2008 at 05:59 AM.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Stupid question maybe, but isn't it possible to add the two torrents, if their name somehow differ and choose the same directory to download to?

Not that I have ever tried this, so really this is just speculation.

The idea with splitting the rars down the middle is best though
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    one will write, the other will delete...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast