Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: surround sound music torrents

J-dye's Avatar BANNED BT Rep: +1
    i have a creative 7.1 speakers and i only get the sorround effect when playing high end games .

so to get that kind of sorround sound experience for songs , what format should i download ?

Flac or DTS files ?

and if its DTS music , which tracker has plenty of songs in DTS ?

thanks
    Last edited by J-dye; 02-09-2008 at 03:51 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    you'd have to get DTS music discs. i'm not sure how the ripping process is like cus i've never ripped them before. anyway, a quick google search showed that there isn't any 7.1 music. it's mostly 5.1 dts.
    Last edited by athenaesword; 02-09-2008 at 02:39 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    bikernin's Avatar KatanaLover BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    you will get music in 5.1. i personally listen to it on my creative inspire 5.1 system and its just amazing. the most common source is to download the music dvds/or buy them ofcourse . hd bits has a few tracks in dolby digital 5.1 which i download. i would love to know if there are any other sites even though i doubt it. your next best option would be lossless music

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Why are you posting this in the Bittorrent section?

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by bikernin View Post
    you will get music in 5.1. i personally listen to it on my creative inspire 5.1 system and its just amazing. the most common source is to download the music dvds/or buy them ofcourse . hd bits has a few tracks in dolby digital 5.1 which i download. i would love to know if there are any other sites even though i doubt it. your next best option would be lossless music
    hd bits.ro ?

Quote Originally Posted by sampson View Post
    Why are you posting this in the Bittorrent section?
    surround sound music torrents

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    bikernin's Avatar KatanaLover BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    .org

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    i don't understand why u'd need 5.1 music though. unlike movies or gaming, where you wanna be in the centre of everything because you wanna hear footsteps behind you, background noise blablabla, for music most performances would ideally be in front of you, so that's how you'd hear it if a band were to be playing live for you. 5.1 sounds more like a digital effect rather than an enhancement in realism, as you might get in movies/games.

also, 99% of the lossless music on the net is 2 channel. personally, i'm using 5.1 speakers, but i see no reason to hunt for 5.1 music.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by athenaesword View Post
    i don't understand why u'd need 5.1 music though. unlike movies or gaming, where you wanna be in the centre of everything because you wanna hear footsteps behind you, background noise blablabla, for music most performances would ideally be in front of you, so that's how you'd hear it if a band were to be playing live for you. 5.1 sounds more like a digital effect rather than an enhancement in realism, as you might get in movies/games.

also, 99% of the lossless music on the net is 2 channel. personally, i'm using 5.1 speakers, but i see no reason to hunt for 5.1 music.

i love to listen to psy trance when i smoke weed

and i thought it would sound much better when its 5.1 music

Quote Originally Posted by bikernin View Post
    .org
    its closed now

does it open for signups or is it invite only

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by J-dye View Post
    i love to listen to psy trance when i smoke weed

and i thought it would sound much better when its 5.1 music
    no it won't really sound much better imo. a good source and the quality of the speakers are far more important than whether it's 5.1 or no. i suggest just sticking with lossless 2channel music if u're a quality fiend. that's the highest, practical level for music. 5.1 is overkill but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by J-dye View Post
    its closed now

does it open for signups or is it invite only
    it's invite only. i myself have been hardpressed to get onto it these past few weeks. good luck to us if u're trying to get in as well.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    krunktastic's Avatar Krunk User+ BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by athenaesword View Post

Certain albums have dynamic sound that's better experienced with surround sound.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast