Thread: 1 audio track with 2 different languages

Poster BT Rep: +2
    is there any software where i can edit the audio of the movie i have ...its in .avi format...it plays 2 languages at the same time (english and russian)... thanks for reading
    Last edited by stitched; 03-11-2008 at 05:36 AM.

"All that is gold does not glitter;all that is long does not last;All that is old does not wither; not all that is over is past..... "

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    are you sure the audio tracks are mixed together? maybe just try selecting one audio track in the movie player

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    noo i am sure they are mixed together.. it has only one file "movie name.avi"...there is no such option as to which language i choose....both the languages are audible with 1 sec difference...please let me know if some one knows how to edit the audio track, fix this problem...

"All that is gold does not glitter;all that is long does not last;All that is old does not wither; not all that is over is past..... "

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    raspberry1331's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    not all media players can handle avi files with dual audio. try vlc player, and if it is still not working, chances that you are out of luck, in that case neither will you be able to separate them with a program.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    tutipute's Avatar I'm Here! BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by raspberry1331 View Post
    not all media players can handle avi files with dual audio. try vlc player, and if it is still not working, chances that you are out of luck, in that case neither will you be able to separate them with a program.
    raspberry is right!!! It's probably the shi**y WMP...
    The fact that there is one file does not indicate that the audio streams are mixed, you just need a player that can seperate the streams (DMUX it).

The easiest way to verify it is to use a player that allows you to select the audio language, VLC or BSPlayer should do the trick.
    Best of luck!!!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    thanks for the replys.i will try it..