Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: My bitmetv account has been stolen

SAM's Avatar Fst philosopher BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    Yes,it isn't that hard we are just talking about spending our time and our money and not to mention some of our bandwidth.
    it's easy

For Serving Community

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    saqib's Avatar Levels killing BT BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    I usually stay out of the bitmetv slang fests but this one has gone too far, I can honestly say that I had a problem with bitmetv where I invited a cheater, he even admitted to me that he used a modified client which the scripts immediately picked up and banned him for. Now I was responsible for my invitees and in this case I invited a cheater to a site that has very strict rules about this, I also made the mistake of helping him from a public request (there was a specific reason for this but it was still against the tracker rules). Because I invited a cheater ( the more I found out about this character the worse it got) my a/c was disabled. I talked to staff in the irc channel and others did too and my a/c was reenabled, the key was courtesy, nothing more. We are after all guests of the people who create these websites, they want members who follow the rules that they set down for their websites. The memberships are not 'ours' they are a right to access the site. In the case of bitmetv there is a zero tolerance policy for ratio cheating yet so many people use one of the cheat mods to try and get a better ratio at bitmetv, guess what if you know about a cheat mod, the coders do too.
    Some sites are quite lax about security, bitmetv is not one of them, yet so many people are caught then flame away. The other rule of course that people do get caught by is the pruning of the invite tree, so if your inviter is caught trading invites or is a cheater etc. then he takes you with him, this is the rules of the site that you agree to as a member when you first join, and is simply the site protecting itself from undesirable members.
    Now the next speech will be, but I'm a good user my ratio is............... ffs its bit torrent the whole point of the protocol is to share, its not actually any effort on your part to share more than you download, the protocol is designed that way, to be a user is to do more than just leave your pc on 24/7.
    I firmly believe that so much of the anger from people is that they believe they have the 'right' to be a member of any site they want, not that they are guests, and that the rules do not apply to them, it is very simple the rules do apply, and in the case of bitmetv they absolutely do enforce the rules that they have set forth, so cheater and traders beware you are actively hunted and so those who accept invites from these people must realise that when the inviter is caught your a/c goes too.....
    after this post , topic should b closed , very nice post .

here's my appeal: don't let invites become a currency!
    ( courtesy .PolarBear )

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    SAM's Avatar Fst philosopher BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    give me a break will you
    that's hillarious
    the made a site host a tracker invites members to get in asking for money to pay for the server.
    what's their profit?
    I mean from the above posts you can feel they are angels they lost their money and their time to make bt community happy.
    do they?
    can we generalize this over all the staff in all the trackers?
    hell no
    you want to compare retro to bitmetv staff
    if so you have mental issues
    you want to compare musca,brandon,vidde to those kids
    ooh how unfair?

For Serving Community

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234