Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: inactivity pruning sucks

J-dye's Avatar BANNED BT Rep: +1
    especially when you had a nice ratio

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Annoyed's Avatar Gamer BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Yeah. But I don't see logging in, or downloading something, every 30-60 days(or whatever the sites rule is) a real hard thing to do to keep your account active.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    bikernin's Avatar KatanaLover BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    how hard is it to login every 30 days or so? if there were no pruning, there would be tons and tons of inactive accounts. especially for a tracker with limited users, pruning is a must.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Why keep something you don't use or need?

U2VjdGlvbjQ3

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    J-dye's Avatar BANNED BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by TP635 View Post
    Why keep something you don't use or need?
    if i stay away from a particular site for a while for whatever reason, it doesnt mean i am not gona use it in the future

and if someone doesnt care about a site , why the hell would they even bother to seed ? they can leech the hell out of it and get disabled

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    You lost every tracker you have, or just one.... because of inactivity? If it is just one, then I say you are careless for not loging in. But if you lost all your tracker because you there is no line (internet) then I am sorry for you; and I would not like to be in that same situation.

U2VjdGlvbjQ3

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    I'm staff,kiss m ass BT Rep: +1
    Usually you can park your account to protect it from automatically deletion.

But I also got pruned from a site I would have liked to check back, and I found my account to be disabled not deleted.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Yep, like others have said, you could have used the parked function if you weren't going to use the tracker for awhile. Typically, if you park your account AND inform staff that you won't be logging in for awhile, they will keep your account open if you give them a good reason too.
    See ya in another life, brother.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    user420's Avatar >>SPEED>> BT Rep: +3
    Yeah, it works using the parking function, but many sites doesnt have this function :-/

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    if you care about an acc and you plan to be gone for some time you can always send a pm to a nice staff member..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast