Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Banned from ST because of using BT6???

HDR's Avatar SEED.OR.DiE-GOT.iT ? BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55

Surprised/Amazed

Okay, so i just received an invite from dvnaruto (thanks again)

I've registered, everything well, then i've clicked on the leechers "button name" to see what are the torrents with more leechers, so i can see if i already have something to seed.

Then i've found the "Warhammer.40000.Dawn.of.War.Soulstorm-RELOADED" which i've downloaded from another private tracker (great game btw), so i've clicked on the link to download the torrent to start the seed, double-click on the torrent, and get an error on the tracker status saying "Failure HTTP Error 403" blah blah

PROOF:

Then i've go to the tracker to see if it was online, yes it was, but my account was logged off automatically, so i've clicked on the login button and then i've get this:

Well, i'm not gonna enter their IRC because i don't use IRCs, if i need to contact the staff i always do it by PM, and since i've NEVER got a problem with my accounts i've never needed to use a tracker IRC, so, if anyone can help me would be appreciated, thanks.

PS: I ALWAYS use BT6 instead of uTorrent, i only use uTorrent for BitMe because it says BitTorrent client is banned (at least it says on the app instead of banning the users)

PS2: The torrent with the 0.044 ratio is STmusic, the tracker is offline like TL and when i've downloaded the album it has about 40 seeds and no leechers, fortunately appeared one, but was too fast to seed well.

I've said everything because i've NOTHING to hide, bah.

I'm going to bed, it's more than time.

EDIT: and i HOPE that who invited me was not banned. :mad:
    Last edited by HDR; 03-11-2008 at 04:44 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    AugustoP's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Oh, you're ashamed of a torrent with 0.044 ratio? I have 20+ torrents with ratio of exactly zero and don't give a sh1t.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    HDR's Avatar SEED.OR.DiE-GOT.iT ? BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    The problem is not the poor ratio of that torrent (that torrent its not from that tracker anyway), the problem is that they have banned me because i'm using BitTorrent 6. :wall:

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Annoyed's Avatar Gamer BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Wow, they ban you before you even get a chance to down something? Pretty lame.

Well, BT is definitely in their Ban list. But I've never heard of a tracker disabling your account for using a banned client. The most it is you just can't download until you switch clients.

I wouldn't be too worried about it. The tracker isn't all that, and you probably have better. Just hope your inviter didn't get messed with.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    dvnaruto's Avatar Power User BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35

The best is use utorrent or azureus

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    lysine's Avatar 49311 BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by HDR View Post
    Well, i'm not gonna enter their IRC because i don't use IRCs, if i need to contact the staff i always do it by PM, and since i've NEVER got a problem with my accounts i've never needed to use a tracker IRC, so, if anyone can help me would be appreciated, thanks.
    why would anyone want to help you, if you don't want to help yourself? in the time that it took you to type that post up, take a screenshot, and edit it, you could have installed an irc client.

to anyone wanting to help, just remember what I said in another thread yesterday...

Quote Originally Posted by lysine View Post
    the only way I'd ever offer to help someone with an account problem, is to give them the tracker's irc help channel address. any time you become involved with someone else's problems, they tend to become your own problems also.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    21122012's Avatar Minger BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Don't worry about it mate, ST is a useless tracker, - I got shunted from that site for something equally as dumb, if they can't treat the members with a bit of courtesy then they deserve to end up on the garbage pile like so many others.

Take the experience and move on, there are much better trackers out there, its not as if they had anything special to offer as far as content/speed/community anyway.

Oh yeah, get yourself the newest version of uTorrent, pretty much 100% of the sites accept it so you shouldn't have any more problems. I can understand your reluctance to give up BT6, IMO its much better than utorrent -can't understand why so many trackers ban it but hey, thats just the way it is! Got to go with the flow sometimes!

:-)

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Did you download the torrent file from ST, or did you try to modify the one you already had?

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    why would anyone want to help you, if you don't want to help yourself? in the time that it took you to type that post up, take a screenshot, and edit it, you could have installed an irc client.

to anyone wanting to help, just remember what I said in another thread yesterday...

the only way I'd ever offer to help someone with an account problem, is to give them the tracker's irc help channel address. any time you become involved with someone else's problems, they tend to become your own problems also.
    yes i think you're right, it's just i was so "doh?" with the situation that i just don't even wanted to something, i just become i think you understand...

Quote Originally Posted by seppypom View Post
    Did you download the torrent file from ST, or did you try to modify the one you already had?
    I've downloaded from ST, no modifications.

Well, maybe people are right, maybe ST is crap but the ban was just stupid, well, just don't ban who invited me too

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    my guess would be that someone spotted you go straight to seeding and they reset your passkey! i don think they banned you because of your client.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast