Thread: Ram Optomization

cborga1985
    Which Ram Booster works best?

Post filenames or hashes so that people can find the program you think is the best.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    chalkmongoose
    Ram boosters/optimizers cause more trouble than they are worth. Segments of files are constantly being moved to RAM and out again, and defragmenting them causes issues I'd like not to go into.
    You could instead visit your local technology store and purchase 256/512MBs of ram, as it is quite cheap now.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    leonidas's Avatar Poster
    It's just like tweak xp!
    Really useless and dangerous

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Originally posted by chalkmongoose@4 August 2003 - 06:50
    You could instead visit your local technology store and purchase 256/512MBs of ram, as it is quite cheap now.
    this is the best advice

ram is getting much cheaper these days

unless you want the best ram available, it's really cheap

i can get 512 meg of 400MHz ddr from my local pc shop for only £35 for example
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    Memory Pro...theres a link in the verified section..this version is cracked no restrictions and works good if u have memory thats not clearing it self..this is a viable option if u cant just go out and buy a gig of ddr ram . i saved begged and borrowed 2 get my gig of 2700mhz ddr ram and i still use memory pro to clear out fragmented ram and clutter

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by chalkmongoose@3 August 2003 - 23:50
    Ram boosters/optimizers cause more trouble than they are worth. Segments of files are constantly being moved to RAM and out again, and defragmenting them causes issues I&#39;d like not to go into.
    I disagree.
    I have 1 GB of memory installed and when running K-Lite it will gradually consume all of it if given the opportunity.
    Running FreeRAM XP Pro has solved this problem.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob+4 August 2003 - 07:03--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3rd gen noob @ 4 August 2003 - 07:03)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-chalkmongoose@4 August 2003 - 06:50
    this is the best advice

ram is getting much cheaper these days

unless you want the best ram available, it&#39;s really cheap

i can get 512 meg of 400MHz ddr from my local pc shop for only £35 for example [/b][/quote]
    If that&#39;s up to date, can you give me a location pls.

If you haven&#39;t bought ram recently, you may not realise the price has gone up by about 50%.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by lynx@4 August 2003 - 17:16
    If that&#39;s up to date, can you give me a location pls.

If you haven&#39;t bought ram recently, you may not realise the price has gone up by about 50%.
    it&#39;s from their price list i got last week

a shop called "Sound Technology Systems" in a small town called Hamilton in Scotland
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    cborga1985
    I have 256mb but it does not not clear itself right after I run Kazaa Lite K++ but I just installed RamBooster and it looks like it is working so far.