Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone consider creating a boating site?

I've been looking for a boating/sailing site for quite some time now and being a worldwide sport and favorite pass time,i'm a little surprised that none exist.Bearing in mind there are sites dedicated to tv shows,movies,music,learning........i can't see why a site dedicated to boating/sailing doesn't exist.

So the next step i'm taking is asking you the public,with hundreds of various torrent sites on the net,and new ones poping up here and there,would anyone consider creating a site dedicated to boating/sailing.

The site would have Video,books,audio of anything boat releated example-Sailing and racing,America's Cup,boat show,learning how to,pirates,shipwrecks......I've been considering starting this site myself,but to be honest i have no idea on creating a site and the only material i have found is on youtube.

If anyone is interested please post here or pm thanks.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Quote Originally Posted by vip
    I've been looking for a boating/sailing site for quite some time now and being a worldwide sport and favorite pass time,i'm a little surprised that none exist..
    i guess it would be better than a tracker for gay torrents

amirite?

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    There will not be enough user base if such site exist. It need to expand to include all open water sport like diving, wind surfing, powerboat racing etc.

May need to include documentaries on anything marine.

I love most of the open water sport esp SCUBA diving.

U2VjdGlvbjQ3

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by halo- View Post
    I've been looking for a boating/sailing site for quite some time now and being a worldwide sport and favorite pass time,i'm a little surprised that none exist..
    i guess it would be better than a tracker for gay torrents

amirite?
    i bet there are more gay/bi people than boating fanatics, so no

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by naranja View Post
    great idea vip..... i love sailing starting the site would not be a problem, wondering how much content there is..
    So i guess i'm not the only one who likes sailing,could you please expand more on

"starting the site would not be a problem, wondering how much content there is.."

I have got a little bit of material on video that i could upload on boating to start.

Quote Originally Posted by TP635 View Post
    It need to expand to include all open water sport like diving, wind surfing, powerboat racing etc.

May need to include documentaries on anything marine.
    Well i can't see why not,wind surfing,powerboat racing and even a diving section sounds good.Maybe base the site on boating and water related.

As i said i've got no idea on how to create a site,but i'm willing to learn and if it's possible to at least start somewhere and get it up and running,that would be great.

I guess when the site is created i can start uploading the video that i have,and everone else is welcome to upload any boating and water related material.

OK i'm very keen now,what's the first step to start creating the site?Can you do anything from your end or could you point me in the right direction to get things going thanks.
    Last edited by vip; 03-12-2008 at 02:45 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    what's the first step to start creating the site?
    https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bit...tracker-258950

it is a start

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Luxembourg has the best boating site I know of, I know their Navy Chief Petty Office (A fellow Sergeant Major) personally.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post
    Luxembourg has the best boating site I know of, I know their Navy Chief Petty Office (A fellow Sergeant Major) personally.
    Thanks do you have a link for the site?

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    I don't know...maybe ask around at the yacht club?
    I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Still looking for any boating/sailing site,but can't find any.Also looking for the Luxembourg site which SgtMajor quoted,but after hours of searching,doesn't exist?

Considering starting my own site with boats/sailing,have a small amount of content to start with,but after many hours of trying,creating your own site is not as easy as it seams.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast