Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting Abused.

I'm getting sh*t from all sorts of sharers because I don't allow my files to be listed. Of all the people that have abused me I have three times as many files to share as them but because I don't allow my files to be shared I'm open to this sort of attack.

Jesus Christ, there must be a way to allow other users to see that I am sharing files but not give away listings.

The thing that really fu*ks me off is the fact that when someone sends me an ignorance they block me and I can't respond. Believe me I want to reign abuse back at them but I choose to try and explain my situation, which is more frustrating than giving the abuse back and still not able to get through to the ignorant fuc*s.

OK, I feel a little better now. I am totally part of the p2p philosophy but I need security and a shield against ignorance.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    EDIT on post. I don't allow my files to be listed! Not shared as in my original post. A little too emotional to think straight there.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster
    Ignore them.

they'll get the hint.

Neil.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    yeah who cares, ur doing ur part to keep p2p sharing alive. good job

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    harrycary's Avatar Poster
    Yeah brother, don't sweat it. Personally, I do the same but continually see others downloading from me. I believe most people don't sit there attempting to search others' files so they can cut them off.

Why do people even bother to check others out and then cut them off? Who gives a fuck whether someone is sharing or not.

Leech as much as you want. I get movies from IRC. Without users such as myself, files wouldn't propagate across the network.

All the way up with a red-hot poker to those that search others' files with the intent of cutting them off!

Fuckn' Asshats!

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    yep same things happened to me I get a message saying share you f*ck.

I respond to I am sharing you idiot.

It does piss you off but as long as you get what you want who gives a f*ck ay?

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Poster
    Somewhere between the cornfields of Central Illinois
    Originally posted by Gillit@25 July 2003 - 19:46
    I'm getting sh*t from all sorts of sharers because I don't allow my files to be listed. Of all the people that have abused me I have three times as many files to share as them but because I don't allow my files to be shared I'm open to this sort of attack.

Jesus Christ, there must be a way to allow other users to see that I am sharing files but not give away listings.

The thing that really fu*ks me off is the fact that when someone sends me an ignorance they block me and I can't respond. Believe me I want to reign abuse back at them but I choose to  try and explain my situation, which is more frustrating than giving the abuse back and still not able to get through to the ignorant fuc*s.

OK, I feel a little better now. I am totally part of the p2p philosophy but I need security and a shield against ignorance.
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with you playing it safe by not listing your files. Unfortunately, there will always be thick-headed arseholes who just don't comprehend why people no longer list their files. You would think people would understand this. It is all over the news that the file listing is how the RIAA catches people. Heck, it is not our fault some people don't know anything about the feature that lets us hide our file listings.

Argh! :pirate:

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    chalkmongoose
    What is an asshat, exactly?

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    When the RIAA comes to their door, you will be laughing.

If it bugs you. There is an option to ignore all messeges.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    chalkmongoose
    No but really, what is an asshat?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast