Thread: Dreamcatcher

imported_stg1123
    Hi, Anyone encountered this problem and know the fix?
    Its the DVDscreener 2 cd version and appears to be for both cds. I have a feeling its a codec problem but I have no idea what it is. Pls help!!

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    dwightfry's Avatar Poster
    Are you using Windows Media Player? I get this problem all the time, try using a different player.
    Life should come with backround music
    -Dwight Fry-
    Coconut, the desert's onion
    -Dwight Fry-
    Why stand when you can lean, why lean when you can sit, why sit when you can lounge, why lounge when you can lie
    -Dwight Fry-
    www.BrownSugarStudios.com

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    imported_stg1123
    i use k-lite codec pack with Real One player

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    play it in BSPlayer

its included with the codec pack

i have the shaking problem with media player

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    I had the same problems with "City of God." It looked like someone was shaking the camera. The problems was the XviD codec in the K-Lite codec pack was outdated. I fixed it by changing the codec pack to DivX_Total_Pack1.5, but I kept Vobsub from K-Lite pack. You can also find a more current XviD codec and try to manually replace it while keeping K-Lite pack installed.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    imported_stg1123
    how can it be that the codec pack from k-lite is outdated? there must be another reason. By the way BS player doesnt help! anyone else? (and if it is the xvid codec can someone provide me with theone thatll work for this film ?
    Thanks

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    Originally posted by stg1123@4 August 2003 - 21:07
    how can it be that the codec pack from k-lite is outdated? there must be another reason. By the way BS player doesnt help! anyone else? (and if it is the xvid codec can someone provide me with theone thatll work for this film ?
    Thanks
    XviD is updated very often. I know a couple of websites that release betas on a weekly basis. For the most part, only a few movies was giving me grief with k-lite pack so it's still a pretty good release. Before you start replacing codecs, I would first use G-Spot to check which codec the movie was encoded with. uManiac's Place has a stable xvid release but avoid their untested build.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    imported_stg1123
    Yes indeed the latest version of xvid Here fixed the problem immediately. Thank you all for the help and I am sure Paul will update the codec pack with this version soon!

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    I hope so!
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-family:Arial'>Msi ms-6330
    Amd Athlon at 1ghz
    896mb Ram pc-133
    Seagate 80gb 7,200 rpm
    Nvidia Geforce MX 420
    21 inch screen
    MSI 52X32X52 CD-RW (cr52-m)
    SoundBlaster 5.1 mp3+
    Creative Labs 5.1 Speakers
    Xp Pro Sp1</span></span>