Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Demonoid Tracker Moves to the Ukraine

Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    "Demonoid, once one of the most popular BitTorrent trackers, has reappeared again, this time hosted in the Ukraine. The website is still down but the trackers are now fully operational again, perhaps a sign that Demonoid is crawling back up to speed?"

"In June 2007 Demonoid was pressured to leave their host in the Netherlands, mainly because of legal threats from the Dutch anti-piracy outfit, BREIN. The site then relocated to Canada, but after threats from the CRIA, it decided to shut down there as well.

A month ago we reported on the brief resurrection of the Demonoid tracker in Malaysia. At the time we hinted at the possibility that the site could perhaps be planning a comeback. Unfortunately the tracker went offline again after a few days. With no official response from the Demonoid team, it remains a mystery what the reason behind the resurrection was.

Now, a month later, the Demonoid tracker is again responding. Just over a week ago, Demonoid torrents began to work again, this time being tracked from the Ukraine.

The new host of inferno.demonoid.com is the Ukrainian ISP Cocall Ltd, while the frontend of the site still remains in the US. Again, there is no official explanation for the return of the tracker, although many hope that it’s a sign that the site will be fully up and running soon.

Last December, Demonoid’s founder Deimos spoke about the future of the site: “Money is an issue, but the real problem at the moment is finding a suitable place to host the website. There has been no luck there.” Perhaps he now found his safe harbor in the Ukraine?"

Source: TorrentFreak

2. News (Archive)   -   #2
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Good to hear.

3. News (Archive)   -   #3
    aaatoel's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    I hope it will be back... Promising news!

4. News (Archive)   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    it must return.. demonoid is home
    i like skittles.

5. News (Archive)   -   #5
    yey,
    I really hope demonoid is comming back!

6. News (Archive)   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    lol same old news different place, i'll believe it when i see the site back up and running

7. News (Archive)   -   #7
    Raban's Avatar Poaster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    this is great news. there were obscure files on demonoid that i haven't seen since on either usenet or other BT sites. very unique community i hope they come back with a vengeance!

8. News (Archive)   -   #8
    kondrae's Avatar Trance BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    sweet. Ukraines my home country. now i def need to join that tracker. heard it was great before it when down

9. News (Archive)   -   #9
    alpha815's Avatar Member
    Great~
    Last edited by alpha815; 03-18-2008 at 06:18 AM. Reason: Spell is wrong!

10. News (Archive)   -   #10
    I can't live withount Demonoid...!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast