Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TL invite policy?!

As a member of TL, I saw that registrations were open via invite only. Then I saw this:

"
    CAUTION!!! Inviting cheater/bad user WILL MAKE YOUR ACCOUNT BANNED AS WELL!!!! Its your own responsibility who you are sending your invite to."

While I understand they are cautious about ppl sending invites but damn!! I know taking responsibility for invites is one thing but banning a member for a bad invite c'mon. For example:

Back in the day when TL had no invite rules. I invited my sister 2 years ago. She knew nothing of the torrent scene. I invited her so she could stop asking for movies and just download them herself. Of course being a klutz, she didn't read the rules and downloaded a 4 gig movie then deleted it. So her ratio was horrible. She tried to seed other files she downloaded but couldn't get her ratio back up within the 4day time limit. She got banned, LOL.

While I found it funny at the time. Now it just makes me scared. I mean I have a ton of friends asking me for invites. Now I have to say no. I had to say no to my brother!!! For gods sake man!! I am just too scared to send out an invite to a person who is a noob. I mean we were all noobs once shouldn't noobs get a chance like the rest of us? Heck the only reason im on TL is that when Elitetorrents was taken down my friend invited me in (when I was just a noob myself).

My question is do you think this is a fair policy? and do other private trackers employ the same invite bann policy?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    SAM's Avatar Fst philosopher BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    i wanna know one thing when the registrations will open
    i have an invite for 3 days now and still registrations closed.
    please someone enlighten us here

For Serving Community

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    I will post this question on the TL forums and ask around for you. Ill be back here with and answer when the administrators get back to me.

That was quick seems that registrations are closed. Here is the long explanation, When the registrations were open ALL power users and vip users were given a number of invites to spend as they wish. When the site got full they closed registrations. People still have left over invites. This means that the invites are a waste until registrations are open again. It seems the site opens registrations randomly. I recommend you contact your friend and tell him to ask the administrator to tell him when registrations are open again. Keep the old invite e-mail and just keep checking.
    Last edited by Deeznts; 03-14-2008 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    there are other sites that use a similar policy.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Dont stress too much, I gave away my last few invites after that policy was adopted. I haven't checked up on my invitees, but I'm sure not all of them turned out good. If I get more in the future, I'll give them away too. Best advice is to talk to your brother, or whoever you want to invite, prior to inviting them. Try to explain how their actions could effect you, and that should help a bit.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Just use good judgment and make sure not to piss off the TL staff. Then you should be alright.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    thank you my mind is a little at ease now

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    BANNED BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    we will not ban you for inviting someone eho does not keep there ratio
    but you will be banned if the user you invites cheats or trades

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    hank you my mind is a little at ease now

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Deeznts View Post
    As a member of TL, I saw that registrations were open via invite only. Then I saw this:

"CAUTION!!! Inviting cheater/bad user WILL MAKE YOUR ACCOUNT BANNED AS WELL!!!! Its your own responsibility who you are sending your invite to."

While I understand they are cautious about ppl sending invites but damn!! I know taking responsibility for invites is one thing but banning a member for a bad invite c'mon. For example:

Back in the day when TL had no invite rules. I invited my sister 2 years ago. She knew nothing of the torrent scene. I invited her so she could stop asking for movies and just download them herself. Of course being a klutz, she didn't read the rules and downloaded a 4 gig movie then deleted it. So her ratio was horrible. She tried to seed other files she downloaded but couldn't get her ratio back up within the 4day time limit. She got banned, LOL.

While I found it funny at the time. Now it just makes me scared. I mean I have a ton of friends asking me for invites. Now I have to say no. I had to say no to my brother!!! For gods sake man!! I am just too scared to send out an invite to a person who is a noob. I mean we were all noobs once shouldn't noobs get a chance like the rest of us? Heck the only reason im on TL is that when Elitetorrents was taken down my friend invited me in (when I was just a noob myself).

My question is do you think this is a fair policy? and do other private trackers employ the same invite bann policy?

OMG you are the most noobish kid I ever seen, stop acting like idiot, ITS JUST FUCKING TORRENT SITE NOT YOUR LIFE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast