Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Recommend a lossless audio tracker

Quylui's Avatar YAY FOR TRADING
    There are some great lossless trackers out there. If you really want to know about them, you could always PM me for info about them (no super-secret stuff though!).

As far as I know, the two aforementioned lossless trackers are by far the best, and if you have musical taste as well as some stuff to offer, it shouldn't be difficult to come across an invitation to either. Just make sure that if you end up uploading that you read the rules and are prepared to spend 1-3 hours per rip (and even more if you're attempting to do vinyl, which I don't even go NEAR).

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by Quylui View Post
    There are some great lossless trackers out there. If you really want to know about them, you could always PM me for info about them (no super-secret stuff though!).

As far as I know, the two aforementioned lossless trackers are by far the best, and if you have musical taste as well as some stuff to offer, it shouldn't be difficult to come across an invitation to either. Just make sure that if you end up uploading that you read the rules and are prepared to spend 1-3 hours per rip (and even more if you're attempting to do vinyl, which I don't even go NEAR).
    Ha ha... You ain't lying. I just learned recently how to rip properly with EAC. Just learning how to properly configure and set-up EAC for your rip, will take hours. The rip itself took me over an hour. I can't even imagine ripping vinyl at this point.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Quylui's Avatar YAY FOR TRADING
    Quote Originally Posted by grimms View Post

Ha ha... You ain't lying. I just learned recently how to rip properly with EAC. Just learning how to properly configure and set-up EAC for your rip, will take hours. The rip itself took me over an hour. I can't even imagine ripping vinyl at this point.
    For the OP, maybe you should consider reading up on some software called EAC, AutoFLAC, Foobar2000 as well as the hydrogen audio forums. What's expected in most music trackers nowadays is that the user uploads as well as downloads. The lossless trackers in particular have an extremely high rate of uploaders to members.

I would become familiar with these before you decide that you're ready to contribute to a lossless tracker. Like any tracker, it is expected that you seed what do download, but in order to be an active member and be invited in the first place, I would assume you would have to have some experience uploading music first. Hopefully if you do join, you'll soon be on your way to learning.

On a final note, make sure you have a proper system to play these lossless rips on, or it'll all be in VAIN!

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    way to forget dbpoweramp, q

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by dunson View Post
    Why do people always suggest the best trackers that are nearly unattainable? Honestly, you don't even have an account there, so why suggest it? I don't mean to call you two out specifically, but it is a little frustrating that the general answer to "where can I find X tracker?" is to suggest the most elite tracker you've only read about? Despite what you may think, it doesn't help.

To the OP, I wish I knew where to find more lossless music. I've only seen little bits splashed around here and there.
    no, the most elite flac tracker is e****

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by dunson
    To the OP, I wish I knew where to find more lossless music. I've only seen little bits splashed around here and there.
    i understand what you are saying, but some of us do have accounts at those elite trackers, and they do have what the o.p. is looking for

unattainable, no; difficult to get into, sort of

on the bright side, waffles.fm and what.cd have lots of lossless music if quantity and not quality gets you off
    Last edited by halo-; 03-18-2008 at 06:51 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    kloot's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Quote Originally Posted by grimms View Post

For the OP, maybe you should consider reading up on some software called EAC, AutoFLAC, Foobar2000 as well as the hydrogen audio forums. What's expected in most music trackers nowadays is that the user uploads as well as downloads. The lossless trackers in particular have an extremely high rate of uploaders to members.

I would become familiar with these before you decide that you're ready to contribute to a lossless tracker. Like any tracker, it is expected that you seed what do download, but in order to be an active member and be invited in the first place, I would assume you would have to have some experience uploading music first. Hopefully if you do join, you'll soon be on your way to learning.

On a final note, make sure you have a proper system to play these lossless rips on, or it'll all be in VAIN!
    haha! Actually I have been tricking about with EAC/AutoFLAC over the last few days! I think my encoding skills need to be honed before I upload anything though. Thanks for all your help guys. I have a lot of info now on where my desired content can be obtained!

And yes, my name changed since yesterday

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    I used to be a member of Pedro's and E X I G O but deleted my accounts when Oink was closed. I really regret it now!

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Quarter's Avatar aaaaasssssddddd BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Pedro is a great one, so I've heard..
    But you can try What.cd too, I'm using it and it's great.

"In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit."

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    kloot's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Okay, I have joined zombtracker, looks great for live stuff. Will add the following to my wishlist:
    Pedros BTMusic
    E****
    What.cd
    Waffles (i am promised an invite when they open again, thanks to RaPPeR! )

^^looks like there are some decent sources I didn't know about!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast