Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm Pissed Off

Out of the last 45 songs i have tried to download... 40 of them had the annoying static and whistleing noise about 10 secs into it! WHY!? and how do i stop it. Is it me? Or the RIAA?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Its not you. Its the RIAA

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    I think you must have DL'd The Annoying Static and Whistling Band's Top 40 album - lol

Sounds like driver and codec probs, not the DL's Chk your sound card's Driver and configuration settings. Also make sure you have the Codec packs from home page here.

They can be adjusted and if they are this can also fowl them up. Make sure they are defaulted.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    I don't think it is the RIAA as I have NEVER *touch wood* had an mp3 do that, what stuff was it you were downloading? I think it may be due to how commercial the music is or something as to how much attention the RIAA pays to them.

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    its the pretty new commercial stuff. i couldnt get 50 cent PIMP

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Originally posted by Proper Bo, I tell thee@4 August 2003 - 11:44
    I don't think it is the RIAA as I have NEVER *touch wood* had an mp3 do that, what stuff was it you were downloading? I think it may be due to how commercial the music is or something as to how much attention the RIAA pays to them.
    Same with me.... but my sister once downloaded one and when she played it in the car....... ugghhh! Anyway, are you downloading mp3s all from the same artist that have this problem? Once, I tried download all songs from Weird AL Yankovic's "Poodle Hat" CD and all the songs were blanks, so I went looking again and downloaded new ones and they worked....

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    n00b
    god this is stupid... every song i downloaded had that crap static in it... and right now.. it says that there are only.... 8 users on... when last week it was like some millions... im gonna go insane..

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    I tried to download the whole bad boys II soundtrack...like five of the songs had the same hook from a completely diff song. i find it only messes up with newer songs. and i didn't have the problem with the last version of K++ only when i upgraded....hmmmmm?

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Originally posted by godsmack@4 August 2003 - 12:01
    god this is stupid... every song i downloaded had that crap static in it... and right now.. it says that there are only.... 8 users on... when last week it was like some millions... im gonna go insane..
    This happened to me once, just Disconnect and Reconnect. Then the stats will go back to normal. If it doesnt fully close out of Kazaa Lite and rerun it.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    jrday's Avatar Poster
    eh ever heard of soulseek?

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast