Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need irc support

DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    i was hoping someone could pm me the big tv trackers irc. somehow how i got disabled even though i donated,was VIP and had a ratio over 4. thank you

well it looks like i was banned for apparently cheating. what really bothers me with this whole situation was the staff members lack of people skills. i can't understand why he would treat a good member this way. i would like to see how many cheaters actually donate to trackers. i was prepared to state that i could provide my torrent history from my seedbox but never had the chance. i am a valuable member at very respected trackers (which i also donate to) and have never in my life have i been accused of cheating. If someone in my invite tree was cheating i would have said thank you i understand the rules. below is the irc conversation we had. i would like some feedback here from you guys. i'm blown away, really i am.

<staff> Hello * , please state your username and issue.
    <staff> !profile *
    <staff> !bmtuser *
    <*> *
    <BAiT> User: [ * ] URL: [ http://www.*******.org/userdetails.php?id=* ] Joined: [ (** weeks ago) ] Last seen: [ (10 hours ago) ] Uploaded: [ 39*.** GB ] Downloaded: [ 10*.** GB ] Ratio: [ 3.6** Great Job!! ] Class: [ VIP ] (Disabled)
    <*> i was disabled
    <staff> yeah, you cheated
    <staff> goodbye
    <*> what
    <*> i have a seedbox my friend
    <*> i swear to god
    <staff> yeah, you cheated too
    <staff> that's nice
    <*> no
    <staff> goodbye
    <*> please look into it i never
    <staff> you did
    <staff> and I did
    <staff> goodbye
    <*> i can provide screenshots
    * You have been kicked from #********.help by *
    Last edited by N4riX; 03-19-2008 at 06:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85
    How rude the staff is....I hope it's not the case of bitmeTV...I heard many bad things about bitmeTV recently...

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by N4riX View Post
    i would like some feedback here from you guys.
    i don't know you, i don't know the tracker and i don't know the staff member.

all i can see is a chat paste where staff claimed you cheated and you deny it.

how in the world should i know who is right or wrong? this happens a hundred times everyday on various trackers.

staff: "you cheated!", user: "i didn't!" - it's always the same.

so please let me know what kind of feedback you expect?

if it makes you feel better that this thread will fill up with posts how bad staff is - fine.

nearly every tracker has a substitute with the same or similar content. get over it, because fishing for people who commiserate with you won't bring your account back.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    i would like some feedback here from you guys.

how in the world should i know who is right or wrong? this happens a hundred times everyday on various trackers.

if it makes you feel better that this thread will fill up with posts how bad staff is - fine.

nearly every tracker has a substitute with the same or similar content. get over it, because fishing for people who commiserate with you won't bring your account back.
    You are probably right Polar but the log of that IRC chat was incredibly short. Even in real life the accused is given the right to defend himself at least if he's got a good argument, but it would seem to me that the staff member was a bit impatient. Also the user is a VIP, i suppose he does deserve some respect?

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    every user deserves the same respect.. no matter whether he is vip or not..
    the thing is that a user cant prove he didnt cheat

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85
    I agree with Dark Archon. In addition, if his donation was not long before the ban, I think he should get some refund. If you donated yesterday and get banned today, I'd feel exploited, especially when I feel that I didn't cheat or trade...

In addition, IMHO, I think every user, VIP or not has the right to have some explanation from staff on IRC why he/she got banned. Every person, even the system, is prone to make a mistake or misunderstand...

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Archon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post

You are probably right Polar but the log of that IRC chat was incredibly short. Even in real life the accused is given the right to defend himself at least if he's got a good argument, but it would seem to me that the staff member was a bit impatient. Also the user is a VIP, i suppose he does deserve some respect?
    Last edited by amade; 03-19-2008 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    BANNED BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    well im not sure what went down with this other tracker but i can vouch for this guy being a really good user. i invited him to fsc a while ago and since then he has become a VIP and donated. it would make no sense for someone who donates as much as he does to cheat, a seedbox isnt that expensive and he obviously has extra money each month. if bmtv was the site you could pm rvt here with any proof you have and he may be able to help you, some of the staff at bmtv can be a bit touchy but he has always seemed very level headed. hope you get this worked out bro :/

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    thx aysomic i appreciate you pointing me in the right direction that was indeed the feedback i was looking for. btw polarbear not everyone is a lying/cheating sack of shit. sometimes honest people do get burned in a faulty system but i guess crass judgments are just easier to submit.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    btw polarbear not everyone is a lying/cheating sack of shit. sometimes honest people do get burned in a faulty system but i guess crass judgments are just easier to submit.
    i didn't say you are. all i meant was that i'm not in the position to judge.

of course staff (or a detection script) can make mistakes. especially if they have to deal with this issues on a daily basis.

also a client can have its funny moments. there are reasons why someone innocent can be accused of cheating.

on the other hand every cheater who was proven guilty by staff shouts out how wrong they are.

nobody but staff can decide on this and to post it on a public forum is wrong in my opinion.

follow aysomic's advice and contact another mod. maybe he can find something that bait overlooked - if he did(!)

though i'm afraid rvt is not exactly in a helping mood for fst members at the moment. bitching account dealers did a good job in pissing him off recently.

however - good luck.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    i thought i was being more than fair with my approach when i posted this on a public form. since i didn't have the opportunity to talk with staff constructively on their "support" channel i feel i was justified. my only intent going forth was to get some advice from fst members since this is a bittorrent community and i felt it to be appropriate. my apologies if my intentions were misguided.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast