Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So, got a message from giganews today.

mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by giganews
    Giganews has received Notice from a copyright owner, or its Agent, that you, or someone using your account, have posted copies of unauthorized copyrighted material. Stop immediately.

Please review our Terms and Conditions, which you agreed to at the time you signed up for service with Giganews (http://www.giganews.com/info/terms.html).

Posting copyrighted material to Giganews' servers without the permission of the copyright holder, violates our Terms of Service, and subjects your account to immediate cancellation and forfeiture of any pre-paid money remaining on your account.

You will not receive any further notice should you, or anyone using your account, again post copyrighted materials without permission of the copyright holder. Your account will be canceled the moment we get notice that additional materials have been posted.

This is your only and last warning. Stop posting copyrighted materials to Giganews' servers or your account will be canceled without further notice.

We have suspended the posting privileges on your account. We will consider reactivating posting privileges only after you reaffirm, in a clear, unqualified, and unambiguous manner, your future compliance with the Terms of Service for Giganews service, and that no further unauthorized and/or infringing copyrighted material will be posted to our servers through your account.

We must receive a reply of compliance within 3 days from the date of this email or we may further consider your Giganews account for a permanent posting restriction, or account termination at our discretion.

Sincerely,
    Giganews DMCA Team
    What should I do?

The reason I'm so concerned is because I have so much more stuff posted. Should I just cancel and sign up with another bank account?

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Switch providers.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by fugazi26 View Post
    Switch providers.
    Interesting.

the phrase "no way in hell" comes to mind.

I'll create a new credit card account before I do that.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by mbucari1 View Post
    Switch providers.
    Interesting.

Just make sure you are ready with a new card when they do switch you off, as they will do shortly, and then get another card ready so you are not caught short the next time.

I'm on my *th account, never changed my name or address yet!
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Switch providers.
    Interesting.

That will achieve little or no results whatsoever. Almost certainly it is your provider who is monitoring what you're uploading. Thus, any new account with Giganews would be a moot point.

yo

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Interesting.

That will achieve little or no results whatsoever. Almost certainly it is your provider who is monitoring what you're uploading. Thus, any new account with Giganews would be a moot point.
    No it won't be his provider, no way of knowing if he was using SSL anyway, provider won't care, and what if it was off a seedbox to NGs?

It will be some guy in a suit grabbing & reading the headers of what was posted and reporting that fact to giganews.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Yeah, it was a message from the BSA in response to some software I uploaded. It wasn't the provider monitoring.

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    What about buying a block account somewhere and use that for uploading?

The last provider I wanna loose is Giganews (I guess I'll get a mail like this some day anyway).

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    Someone PMed me about the block account option, but I don't want to pay extra money just to upload for others. I'll just stick to downloading :\

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    I just thought you could pay for 10GB (download) or something that never expires and just use it for uploading.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast