Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Office Xp Constantly Asks For Installation Disk

Roosh's Avatar Poster
    I've been wondering why my Microsoft Word asks for my Office XP installation disk every single time I open a .doc even though I've installed and reinstalled several times. Very frustrating.
    All I can think of is that I originally chose not to install every program in the Office Suite, but I did fully install word...

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    Check which programs you did not install. Reinstall Office, this time making sure to check each option closely

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    uninstall it and restart, or it has a repair option, it shouldnt need activating again why you not fully install anyway? anyway this should be in software, not really kazaa related

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Is it asking for a specific file? Office Xp keeps a couple of files it uses in folders that are often cleared by disk cleanup software. If it is asking for a certain file tell me and I will look into it. If it is, just put the disk back in and install the file and switch clean-up software. I reccomend Window washer

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    If you chose "install most common components", then some specialized components may be set to run from disk as default. Look a bit farther down on the installation GUI and you'll see install complete. Pick out what you don't want later.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Roosh's Avatar Poster
    Thanks for the feedback -- I'll try an uninstall and then install everything, just to be sure.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Roosh's Avatar Poster

Since my last post, I reinstalled, and again, in an effort to save space and avoid installing prgrams I was sure I wouldn't use, only installed word, excel & powerpoint.
    Anyway, the issue has been sporadic in that sometimes I can open an existing word doc without the required installation of something or other from the installation disc, but the latest is different: when I open an existing doc, it prepares to install something, asks for the disc, then says it isn't valid and asks for PROPLUS.msi which apparently it can't find on the disc and definitely isn't in the Office folder in Prog. Files.

This is REALLY aggravating. Is it a corrupt installation disc? I'm thinking of downloading a different version.
    You know honestly, I just want to have frickin' Word at my disposal -- that's all I use! I can just get those tiny excel & powerpoint alternatives from Microsoft...Do I really need all this? Is there a way to just get word?

Thanks for the input.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Roosh's Avatar Poster
    THIS IS TOO WEIRD!!

Now Windows asks for the Office XP installation disk when I open Monkey's Audio. It repeatedly returns after pressing cancel until I use the Windows Task manager...

WTF?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Roosh's Avatar Poster
    Now opening "MP3Gain" is doing the same thing.
    I'm just going to uninstall office, but could really use some advice on what to do in general regarding these issues...

Thanks.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Supernode's Avatar SWEDISH BT Rep: +1
    1. It's a bug from the xpoffice.
    2. Or its the regcleaner?
    3. The c++ code is fucked
    ¤. The Win xp is a big fucking bug

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast