Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CoolIT Eliminator Thermoeletronic CPU Cooler

Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Ah yes I saw that just a while ago the do sell a seperat dual GPU cooler as well but I cannot see how you would install both.
    CooliT Systems Dual Drive Bay VGA Cooler

So I guess you have to pick.

Also I don't know if Im ready to go water cooled just yet. I feel I don't know enough about it and I worry about an accident. I have young kids still, shit I won't even but an LCD TV yet because my oldest is still only 3 years old and if something happens I'm going to jail for sure.

To be sure the radiator on the swiftech goes on the outside of the case right? I do have 2 holes rear of in the Antec 900 case I assume are for water tubes to go out so I don't think that would be a problem. might I ask also what is the difference between the 120 and the 220 models??
    Last edited by Detale; 03-23-2008 at 07:15 PM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    what is the difference between the 120 and the 220 models??
    The size of the radiator.

The 120 takes a single 120mm fan, the 220, two.
    Presumably, they'll come out with an "Ultra" model called the 320 someday.

You also see rads listed as 120.1/120.2/120.3 to denote the same thing.

I believe there is a unit that runs 4 x 140mm fans- or maybe that was just someone's feverish dream...
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    As usual a plethora of knowledge man. OK so now I don't know if I should just go water cooled or get the Coolit Eliminator damn see what happens when I want to
    upgrade

Edit: I have read some bad reviews on New egg about the Eliminator it seems it has a crappy pump that "WILL" get noisy after a week or so and so for the money maybe i'll go water cooled but I have a fear of it leaking all over my expensive board OR... I can just stop trying to get the next best thing and stick with my original plan of getting the Enzotech Extreme-X and save around $100 buck for now and save up for a premo WC system
    Last edited by Detale; 03-24-2008 at 03:32 AM.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    That would be "primo", dude.

For what it's worth, I've never had a fatal waterleak (knock on silicon) and watercooling is far safer than it might seem at first blush.

As the Swiftech kit demonstrates, it needn't be expensive either- for @ $120 you get 95% of the results you'd see with a top-o-the-line loop.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Really!? See now I figured thats a cheap starter setup but as you know I take your word seriously, Hmmm I don't know what to do Honestly I just want to make a good decision to last a while as you know Iv been putting together my rig piece by piece for a few months now and I just want something with a balance of low maintenance and good performance price a lesser factor. Damn dude why must you be so informed about these things? I wish you would just say "get this one D" I have to read more and learn more now I hope you're happy!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    There really is no such thing as a "starter setup"...there's just bad, good and best.

"Bad" would be Koolance or Thermaltake and we won't even talk about those.

"Good" would be most everything else, depending on how you mix and match the parts.

"Best" will vary month by month as new stuff is always coming out.

The difference between a sub $200 "good" kit and the best you could buy (cooling the same parts) might be as much as $125 but the best kit would only lower the temps by maybe 3-5°c.

If you want to come up with a budget, I'd be happy to spec you some parts.
    I'd need to know the case it's going in and what (if any) future expandability you require.

Edit: Just saw this...thought you might want to consider it.
    Last edited by clocker; 03-24-2008 at 01:14 PM.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Yeah I saw the Freezone elite but it's around $400 so I figure thats a bit much I figured my max to be around $200 Also before I dive into this how much lower will the temps generally be over say a very good air cpu cooler?

Also with the swiftech kit do I have to buy "anti freeze" also or is everything I need in the box?
    Last edited by Detale; 03-24-2008 at 08:23 PM.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    I just run straight distilled water- no additives at all.

-Unless you live in Antarctica there is no need for antifreeze.

-Unless you have mixed metals in the loop (commonly, copper and bare aluminum) there is no need for anticorrosives.

-Unless you live in a steaming jungle there is no need for antibiocides/algaecides.

-Unless you are gay there is no need for flourescences or coloring.

-Unless you plan on spewing coolant all over the place there is no need for nonconductive fluid (which doesn't work anyway).

Nothing you can add to the distilled water will improve the cooling capabilities or safety in case of leaks.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiweiler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post

Damn I like the colors there I said it, now I can go on. Im glad you told me that I was looking at the different additives and all OK so I have the Antec 900 case.

* Something I found just now I was looking for a pic of the case to show you the two rubber grommets for water tubes I think I have on the back of the case are not shown on the newegg pictures here

I did a quick google image search and found the one I have that looks like this

I guess mine is the newer model. Weird newegg doesn't update their pics I guess.

OK so again sorry to sound like the WC pneub I am but does the radiator go on the inside or the outside of the case? Also I was under the impression that I would need a reservoir or something, I mean of course I will read the directions but I honestly don't have a handle on the concept of setting it up just yet or the components.

* OK so again in the middle of this post I said "hey just so I don't look like a complete moron I should check that 3dGameMan video review on youtube ( I love that Nerd! )and Now I see that it is pretty damn easy to install

[youtube]YDkqTcFWu8A[/youtube]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast