Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CoolIT Eliminator Thermoeletronic CPU Cooler

The radiator can go either inside or outside of the case, depending on your situation.
    Personally I would prefer it inside the case to give a cleaner overall look, but often times the motherboard or other things will get in the way and prove this to be difficult. With the 120 though, you should be able to fit it inside your case with relative ease.
    As for a reservoir, you can either use one or go with a T-line, which is essentially just a "T" in the tubing (preferably at the highest point) with a plug in the top where you can add liquid and bubbles can escape the loop. Some of the bay reservoirs looks pretty cool if your into that, or the swiftech microres is great if you want to fit it somewhere inside of your case.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Hey checking newegg to see if I need anything else I came across this All in one water cooler too
    XIGMATEK AIO-S80DP All-in-one liquid cooling system

Anyone use this before?? Cheap as hell for WC

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    Anyone use this before?? Cheap as hell for WC
    And you get what you pay for.
    Ponder for a moment the difference between "cheap" and "inexpensive"...

I've never tried to install a waterloop without hacking the hell out of the case to fit the components.
    I really can't see how the two holes in your case would be of much use- the barbs on a rad are situated horizontally, not vertically.

D., how would you rate your mechanical aptitude?
    To successfully install watercooling you should be able to look at the parts, then look at the case and see at least three different ways you could configure it to fit.
    Then, without a backward look, break out the tools needed and dismantle your new pride and joy while ignoring it's screams of dismay.

It can be dirty work- both literally and figuratively.

You do realize that the Wolfie will be one of the coolest running chips you've probably ever owned...it doesn't cry out for water the way old Athlons or P4s did.

As long as this thread has already gone careening off the rails- have you seen the Orochi?
    This thing screams "excessive" like nothing else I've seen recently. You could probably run it fanless at stock speeds.
    I find it irresistible.

Edit:Here is one person's idea of how to watercool your case.
    Not exactly my cup of tea but one must admire his commitment...
    Last edited by clocker; 03-25-2008 at 05:37 AM.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    WOW thats some setup, I think it's a bit "busy" for my taste also.

My mechanical aptitude I would say is WAY above average. I am a union carpenter for almost 15 years now, now when you think carpenter most would think of I only use wood but here in NYC we don't build too many houses so my job entails a wide range of jobs and a wider range of materials and both hand and power tools. So I would say I could make most anything work out but TBH I need to see the parts in my hands first to make a judgment call as to where things should go. As far as the holes being horizontal and the radiator barbs being vertical I don't see much of a problem there, I know I could mount this internally now, but if I were to get it external I have faith I would get it to work. I could always use copper pipe and sweat all the fittings I would need in place no prob

I know I know The Wolfie is a cool chip but I'm a Toy Whore flat out. I never got into water cooling and the more I read about it the more I NEED it, this happens with everything as you prob know already, I see it I want it and I wrestle with myself for a week or two before making a decision, cal it a character flaw.

That Orochi does look cool as hell:

But I still like the Enzotech a bit better.

See now the smart thing to do would be to accept that I don't need to water cool my system and be done with it, and then comes the wrestling like a bitch I can't make up my mind. I have a problem deciding fearing I will not make the right choice. If I get the Swiftech I will have it all installed and say " did I really need this?" and if I get the Enzotech I will say" HMMM maybe I should get this thing under water" So really I can't win as I am always looking for the next best thing.

Sorry to bore you with my personal insanity man, I appreciate your vigilance here

EDIT: Another thought is that I like to be prepared for anything and I think this is a boyscout saying or something but "It's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it" So this also comes into play. Wha if the next hot new CPU comes out and it runs hot? Then I am going to want a WC setup but in fairness I could always order it then AHHHH I still don't know
    Last edited by Detale; 03-25-2008 at 06:20 AM.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Get the Swiftech 220 kit then.
    Throw some Scythe S-Flex fans on the radiator.
    Pick up a Sunbeam rheobus to control the fans and pump.
    Get a gallon of distilled water from the grocery store.

Report back here at 0600 next Monday.

Now MOVE!
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    Thanks dude thats just what I needed I will order it today

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123