Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CoolIT Eliminator Thermoeletronic CPU Cooler

Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    as continued from an almost hijacked tread...

OK so I never really wanted to get into water cooling before because I feel it's a bit expensive BUT I am lurkiing around on some great cooling sites and I come across this product:

CoolIT Eliminator Thermoeletronic CPU Cooler $160

Now I have not seen anything like this before.
    3DGameMan gives it a "kickass" review ( I know he's corney but I think his reviews are thorough)

[youtube]DU7Z8VeRJHQ[/youtube]

I have done some mild reading and can't find anything wrong with it as of yet. Do you guys know anything about it? Any ideas, Pro's or Cons you know about or find will be VERY helpful. Thanks

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    $160 for a CPU cooler. Jeez that's steep.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Yeah but it looks cool and I can swing it ATM

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Out of curiosity google "coolit loud pump" or rattle and see what you get for responses...They do have a pretty good forum by the looks of it and the support does seem good...http://www.coolitsystems.com/index.p...ard&Itemid=165
    There newest product seems to be the elite ,the cost is a little high in comparison...I always like doing alot of reading before I make this type of purchase and I'm sure you do to

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    I'll be looking forward to your impressions.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by accat13 View Post
    Out of curiosity google "coolit loud pump" or rattle and see what you get for responses...They do have a pretty good forum by the looks of it and the support does seem good...http://www.coolitsystems.com/index.p...ard&Itemid=165
    There newest product seems to be the elite ,the cost is a little high in comparison...I always like doing alot of reading before I make this type of purchase and I'm sure you do to
    I did decide to do some more research and I cannot find a seriously bad thing about it yet either. What I did see is that the thing is freakin huge and I might have a tough time getting this bitch in my Antec 900 case. I'm pretty good at modding shit so Im sure I'll get it in there. I did look into the elite model but it's around $330 bucks and that seems a bit steep instead of the $160 Im looking at now.

@ CLocker
    Do you think for the money I should try this out or go full on liquid cooled? I know you have your system under water now and what general cost is that for a decent setup?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Depends on what you want to cool.

If you were doing either the CPU or the GPU, then the Swiftech kit would be great.

To handle both I'd get the ApogeeDrive (block/pump combo- part of the kit, but available seperately) and a 120.3 rad.

It's possible that the Swiftech 220 kit (same as the first but with a larger radiator) would be OK for both but I'm not sure.

Is the CoolIT expandable to the graphics card as well?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    From what I can tell yes but not 100% on that

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    I just read a few reviews and saw no mention of adding a second (GPU) block.

The tubes are held on with crimped rings and I did not see a fillport, so once the loop was breached I don't see how you'd refill & bleed the system.

Not a big deal if you just want to cool the CPU.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    The Swiftech kit clocker mentioned is only $119 at Newegg, with $7.50 shipping.
    Or there's an open box version for around $100.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast