Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: My apology

Poster BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Thanks for all the positive comments. To be honest, I was actually ashamed to come back here cause of my stupidity but there are some great members here and I have come to value this lesson and how kind and understanding people are here.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    saqib's Avatar Levels killing BT BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by dythim View Post
    Thanks for all the positive comments. To be honest, I was actually ashamed to come back here cause of my stupidity but there are some great members here and I have come to value this lesson and how kind and understanding people are here.
    yeah u thought it right man , its actually a beatiful thing that uhave admitted that u were wrong , i hope u ll enjoy staying here at FST ,be nice and active here and make friends , soon u ll get everything u r in need of
    best of Luck for future

here's my appeal: don't let invites become a currency!
    ( courtesy .PolarBear )

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Kapone's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Takes a lot to admit when your wrong. But everyone deserves a second chance. A Mistake isn't a mistake if you learned something from it. Good Luck friend..

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    BANNED BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    I traded when I first started out...

I really regret it..

It was a big mistake..

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    Actatoi's Avatar 2+2 is 5 if I say so BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by J-dye View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by monk3y View Post
    bla bla bla
    +1 more bla

so many pussies in FST
    Good thing that you are such a badass then

What an ordinary day, the extraordinary way.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    GoldStoNe's Avatar Elite Member BT Rep: +2
    Just wondering...Is giving away of accounts equivalent to trading?

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    Nemrod's Avatar Buffering my life BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldStoNe View Post
    Just wondering...Is giving away of accounts equivalent to trading?
    For trackers staff is absolutely the same thing.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Long John Silver

Unsure

Quote Originally Posted by (I) View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by benchez View Post
    FST goes against every tracker's rules.
    Doing giveaways here or trading invites will get you banned at any site that catches you.
    It's irresponsible and if you do that here you deserve to be banned.
    I didn't realized that when I signed up here for the 1st time, & it's my prob now every one wants me to have bunch of reps & I guess 90% of users with high rep are collectors &/or traders (if not cheaters). But unfortunately it's the shortest way to whatever u want

True..when i joined FST i didn't know much about trading etc..I was a PU on emonod and so got invites thru that forum..this was new and at first seemed ok until i actually spoke to ppl on other private trackers and saw rules there...I got banned on one for getting an invite here, though I was given a chance. If you come here first you can make a booboo without ever realising it!

Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Disme View Post
    May I ask why it is forbidden to trade and where can I find that in the FST-rules?
    What's the difference between a giveaway and a trade and what is the middleman request-section for if trading is forbidden here.

I understand trackers don't like to see their invites being handed out without carefully investigating the invitee, but most trackers have a policy where the inviter is responsable for his invitee, so why is trading or giving away invites forbidden than. The inviter will be punished if he invites a bad user anyway.

Just something I don't really understand.
    You have to understand that what happens at FST may certainly go against the wishes of some trackers, as much as what happens at most trackers goes against the wishes of the copyright holders we are infringing the rights of.

There's nothing to stop someone trading one account for another, or even selling an account, as there is nothing stopping us from sharing the latest album or motion picture. There's no difference to someone being globally banned for trading accounts, to someone being arrested for facilitating the trade of copyright material.

FST facilitates the trading of accounts as do trackers facilitate the trading of intellectual property. The main difference, however, is that trading accounts is dealt with by issuing a ban, whereas trading intellectual property is dealt with by a prison sentence and/or a fine.

So, which is the worst of the two evils? I would prefer a global ban from all torrent communities rather than have my arse raped by a bruiser called Gerald.

I should also point out that trading accounts can also result in the said arse rape because the account trader often gives their accounts to unknown entities, who could be agents of the evil empire looking for more victims to suck dry...
    Too true...I can understand the trackers' concerns and mine as a fellow pirate..but if we look at the law of the land nobody's on safe ground here!

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    Quote Originally Posted by buggyfresh View Post
    Too true...I can understand the trackers' concerns and mine as a fellow pirate..but if we look at the law of the land nobody's on safe ground here!

While it is not safe, there are precautions we can take to make it a little safer.

It's like speeding on our main roads. Anyone who blindly puts their foot down will get caught. On the other hand, someone who invests in an early warning camera device will benefit from the alerts generated, and adjust their speed so as not to get caught.

That's not to say that using the various detectors means you will escape the law, but that your chances of getting caught are much slimmer (more down to luck on the polices side).

It's no different with torrent sites. If a site operator uses due care and attention, then they are much more likely to get away with whatever law they are breaking, than someone who blithely goes about their business without a care in the world.

Remember that every little bit helps, from SSL to closed invites, from small membership to strict policies/rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by OlegL
    You are one of the nicest and most mature people on this board; I would never ignore someone like you.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    read the rules on the tracks before you sign up and you will see the rules/faq on most.......

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234