Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: usenext client for Mac - help

usenext sent me an offer to use it FREE for 14days . but no link to download Mac client(only windows client and i can't login to the site using client usename & password ), i tried the link posted here, the file is gone missing.

does anyone have the link for Mac client ?.

thanks.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    I wouldn't waste the time on trying usenext only to save some money. Try giganews for 1 month and you experience usenet the way it should be. You can cancel giganews and most other providers after one month so it is no big risk.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    If you subscribe to Giganews you will still need a second news provider.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by mesaman View Post
    If you subscribe to Giganews you will still need a second news provider.
    Why? Do you know what pars are used for?

If it is incomplete on giganews and the pars are not enough to fix it, it will be incomplete on almost any other news provider.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Some posts are incomplete and unrepairable on Giganews because of DMCA takedown notices. The fact that there are more of them lately is something new. The posts are complete elsewhere.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    Maybe it depends on the category of files you want. I never had problems with my downloads.

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Seems to be mostly the DVD9's of console games and movies that are targeted.

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Back to the primary topic... you do not want to use UseNext.

Go get yourself an Easynews or Giganews account. And use something like igrabnews, Unison, BinBot, or Hogwasher.
    Usenet software/services news and updates:
    http://www.usenetwatch.com

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    i have unison, what i need is an account to post requests. is there a way to post anonymously ?.

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    newsgroupie
    I expressed my opinion of Usenext here:

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-new...-access-290943

There is no way I know of to really post 100% anonymously, but of the many people who post copyrighted files every day, the worst punishment I've ever known for someone getting 'caught' (and there are many who do) is to lose his ability to post. I've never seen a single report of someone getting sued or arrested for posting a movie or game, but getting your posting ability locked is very common.

I recommend getting a separate block account to use for posting only. You can buy a block account from Usenet-news.net or Megabitz https://billing.megabitz.net/signup....plans=1&pay=cc for as little as $2. These never expire and have no upload limit. If you ever get caught for posting something, you'll only lose $2 worst-case (but you still get to keep your download block until you use it all up)

If you are the paranoid type, you can pay using a prepaid credit card (the kind sold in many shops) and use a proxy/VPN service to hide your IP address. Then you'll be virtually untraceable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast