Poster
    Great news...

2. BitTorrent   -   #182
    GoldStoNe's Avatar Elite Member BT Rep: +2
    I'm sure he'll be okay...

3. BitTorrent   -   #183
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by JROQuinn View Post
    Update 24/03: I was asked by his former roommate and close friend to post this and leave it final.

"Hey ****** my name is <removed>. I was Brandon's former roommate and grew up with him. If you could post this it would be much appreciated.

I've seen many people asking which hospital they can go to visit him and calling in to see which one he might be in. Please be informed that NO hospital will give you any information unless you are in the immediate family. Hospitals take privacy and confidentiality very seriously and can be sued if information is given out without the permission of the family. If Brandon's location was to be given out and placed in a public situation (online) where he was put in harm or danger, the consequences would be immense. If you know Brandon personally you know how to contact the family to get the information needed. The last thing they want is for this information to end up online. Let me repeat that; Just because you know Brandon's name does not give you a free ticket into his whereabouts. I had to call his dad to get any information and also show a photo ID in order to get to his room.

I would also like to correct the misinformation about him drunk driving. While he was intoxicated during the time on irc, he was sober in the hours after when he left. On his way to meet up with his family out of town, he believed he looked down at his phone/gps and lost concentration. Witnesses say he veered off the road onto the shoulder where he tried to correct himself and lost control. His family told me he was probably fatigued from dehydration of the alcohol consumed earlier which may be the reason. While there was thought to be some internal bleeding and neck injuries, he has been cleared and is said to be on the "long" road to a full recovery."

Brandon wrote a note that I might post later if I feel it's appropriate. I'd also like to ask that if you know the ID of his friend to not hassle him for information.
    Glad to hear that he will be ok! And I hope the rumors of this being a joke will end.
    this wouldn't stand up as evidence anyway because its also hearsay. real proof would be photographs of brandon or his wrecked car or him in a hospital bed with the time and date to back up the statements.
    Last edited by Alien5; 03-24-2008 at 03:26 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #184
    Long John Silver
    Well sad 2 hear - if true I wish him a speedy recovery. Too many ppl die on the roads nowadays.

5. BitTorrent   -   #185
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    how old is Brandon?

6. BitTorrent   -   #186
    LivingInSouthPark's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I hope he will get better soon

7. BitTorrent   -   #187
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    his position is sysop/owner not admin. this thread is ridiculous.

8. BitTorrent   -   #188
    Quote Originally Posted by Alien5 View Post
    Would have to agree.

My sympathies go to Brandon, but this is pretty pointless.

9. BitTorrent   -   #189
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    Me too! Wow that is terrible news for anyone to read...I will pray for hhis family and friends! This is probably the saddest post i have read in a while because Brandon ,even though i did not know him, was a smart-fair person from what i know. A great person overall! I can not even post a crying smile. The BT community is a different place cause of.There is no room for jokes when someones life is on the line so-.. Again We should all pray in whatever way we do, for him and his family and friends.
    Also a non member of the site but forget BT tonight! It is not about that!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RoboFace View Post
    I am not a member of his great tracker but as FST member I will pray to my god
    Last edited by pone44; 03-25-2008 at 04:44 AM. Reason: Hoping for a positive update on his status!

10. BitTorrent   -   #190
    JROQuinn's Avatar Rev. Maynard BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by dogbarklol View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alien5 View Post
    Would have to agree.

My sympathies go to Brandon, but this is pretty pointless.

...and so are about 75-80% of threads started in any section.