Thread: Tips for seedbox ...

tjbzonasul's Avatar Ninjahman BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    I am thinking about buying one, again. But can someone clarify to me if is better use for seedbox to leave many files on the box for longer term or to leave few files and seed until ratio buids up and then change. Obrigado/ Thank you
    Zé Pilintra

Botafogo no Coração !!

Still waiting for that good old FTN or BCG miracle !

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Hrvoje's Avatar mr. nice guy BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    second one
    Need FTN,FSC

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    It depends on your setup. If you have unmetered bandwidth, leave them on there indefinitely. If you have a cap on your bandwidth a month, manage it just enough so you dont go over but still use as much as possible

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    depends on the site...

for example on slow sites full of leechers and ppl with low upload like TL or revtt you can left a file seeding for weeks and get a good buffer...

on "high level" scene trackers where most ppl have seedboxes like sct or scl (two where i get hard time buffering) you can delete a file pretty soon... even if it's a 20gb pack in a couple of hourse there will be no leechers and you will end up racing against others 100mbit/gbit seeders just to feed some slow adsl user

on waffles or what instead you have to keep the files in seed till your harddrive will die... as there's nearly nobody leeching there :|
    Last edited by yayyyyyy; 03-24-2008 at 05:18 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    tjbzonasul's Avatar Ninjahman BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Thank you all very much for the tips. Since I am mostly into music trackers, i guess i should go for space and "seed til you bleed" option.
    Zé Pilintra

Botafogo no Coração !!

Still waiting for that good old FTN or BCG miracle !

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    colbert's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by yayyyyyy View Post
    depends on the site...

for example on slow sites full of leechers and ppl with low upload like TL or revtt you can left a file seeding for weeks and get a good buffer...

on "high level" scene trackers where most ppl have seedboxes like sct or scl (two where i get hard time buffering) you can delete a file pretty soon... even if it's a 20gb pack in a couple of hourse there will be no leechers and you will end up racing against others 100mbit/gbit seeders just to feed some slow adsl user

on waffles or what instead you have to keep the files in seed till your harddrive will die... as there's nearly nobody leeching there :|
    I agree completely. Waffles and What require seeding for a LONG time. High-level trackers like ScT - most of your upload will be within the first 24 hours.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Seed for 5-50 hours and you're good with like a 5 or 10 + ratio. HTH