Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: BlackCats invites are back ?

stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    well its a double edged sword isnt it.

We stay closed, we have some invites, invites and accounts turn into a commodity, selling, trading etc etc, so we stop the free emails (or try to) and stop embers changing their email. this hopefully slows down the trades and invite selling.

But now that we have decided to open, (to some degree) then we will plummet down the WTAW thread, demand to get in wont be so high, Accounts wont be traded as often, we wont need invites, so maybe we can get away with allowing free emails again (never yahoo or hotmail though, they just loose to many emails).

I think we are going to try it for a week with no Gmail, as you said there is that many its impossible to stop everyone, we can stop the ones that we know though.

If it fails miserably, then we may allow them again after a week, but if it doesnt, then we may ban them for good.

2. BitTorrent   -   #72
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    great staff for that! Stoi props to you. Not a member, do not know how to do all that stuff but great rep!

3. BitTorrent   -   #73
    tutipute's Avatar I'm Here! BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    well its a double edged sword isnt it.

We stay closed, we have some invites, invites and accounts turn into a commodity, selling, trading etc etc, so we stop the free emails (or try to) and stop embers changing their email. this hopefully slows down the trades and invite selling.

But now that we have decided to open, (to some degree) then we will plummet down the WTAW thread, demand to get in wont be so high, Accounts wont be traded as often, we wont need invites, so maybe we can get away with allowing free emails again (never yahoo or hotmail though, they just loose to many emails).

I think we are going to try it for a week with no Gmail, as you said there is that many its impossible to stop everyone, we can stop the ones that we know though.

If it fails miserably, then we may allow them again after a week, but if it doesnt, then we may ban them for good.
    It's a real sharp double edged sword, as i see it, BCG is already a commodity. site has been close for long enough to become a truffle...
    It seems that the only way to avoid it becoming a flea market is to open it for public signups then working hard to filter it out.

I do not know exactly what were you reffering to when you mentioned that the site needs some fresh breeze but it sound like you guys got a long road ahead.

Life has its highs and lows, bumps and prizes, i guess trackers work the same way...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678