Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: BlackCats invites are back ?

stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    im not even aware of it lol

but i can see where we are coming from though, especially with other SPU selling invites (yes we have seen a few for sale already).

so sorry we didnt tell you, but then i have nothing against it. its probably a wise move actually by the staff member that told you this.

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    As a step for stopping the selling of invites all it will do is push it back a month, not stop it. For me it means no use of BC for one month as I dont want to risk SPU!

Still a little irritated that after the excitement of reading this thread and working hard to eventually make SPU (thank you mario cart!), I find out that the elusive invite has once again slipped away.

lol, as I have re-re-edited my post in the 'BC giveaway thread' as I am still looking for an invite for someone else.

edit: just got the reason from the person who informed me of the wait time, wont post it here, but lets just say that if the qualification to get invites is what this mod says then I doubt if many users on BC deserve to qualify.
    Last edited by KennyX; 04-08-2008 at 05:34 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    I hope I get the invite. Its really best game tracker all around.

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    well we are discussing opening up somewhat in the very near future.

I am getting bored, the site is stagnant, leechers and seeders are dropping through the floor, we just need to bring more life into the tracker, and hopefully forums as well.

I dont know how these sites can stay closed for years, its driving me nuts. lol

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    well i am spu in blackcats games but i don't really use the invite when they were avaible i just use it when one of my friends wanna get invite

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    well we are discussing opening up somewhat in the very near future.

I am getting bored, the site is stagnant, leechers and seeders are dropping through the floor, we just need to bring more life into the tracker, and hopefully forums as well.

I dont know how these sites can stay closed for years, its driving me nuts. lol
    Most genera specific sites can't stay closed. I mean you only deal in games, its not like you have a tracker where new content is flowing in at a high rate. In order to keep up the numbers, you will have to keep new blood flowing, either through invites, or through random signups.

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    lol, give us the invites and we will use them! I could easily find 10 good torrent'ers and a couple of good community active ones.

I still think the idea of giving regular invites to SPU's is the right one. The original reasons of attracting some quality members who are not going to make foolish mistakes still apply.

The only concern is that plenty of good and regular users will never make SPU as they dont seed for months or have a seedbox. So why not give all accounts with 100gb uploaded an invite, or all members whose accounts are a year old an invite? Anything like this to reward all the users who have stuck by and used BC for its main purpose of torrents.

8. BitTorrent   -   #48
    YoYoY's Avatar Am Livin' It BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    You're not hiding his ratio , the staff will ban him , lol

9. BitTorrent   -   #49
    k well we havt not got invites, you send a message to the staff box, a Admin or above has to make the account. now 1 or 2 isnt to bad but...

members for a year or more = 22,577

Members with 100gig uploaded = 22,843

so far to much work, even giving this to PU and above is far to much work.

btw im actually missing the noob questions. i dont mind getting noobs in as we all have to start somewhere, so why not here. its just cheaters/leechers/dupe accounts that i hate. (but we have got an idea to curb that)

10. BitTorrent   -   #50
    Sorry I never realised the entire invite system was broken, I thought it was just disabled. So are the choices open signups or a few new members a day?

For the influx of new blood you are looking for it has to be open signups (even if it moves BC down): are repair invites, or recode so that not just admin's can create accounts not options?

100gb/1 year part, change the numbers then: 500gb/18 months?

Had more time to think and SPU does not mean good user as its a good connection or seedbox based statistic, choose those who use the site not those with big ratios. Give normal users something to aim for to encourage site usage. Even something simple like revamping the PU/SPU ranks would give people another reason to use the site: forget ratios and go for amount uploaded instead. Give people gaming related titles instead of the boring PU/SPU ones.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYoY View Post
    You're not hiding his ratio , the staff will ban him , lol

is this to me?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast