Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BlackCats invites are back ?

Swift's Avatar twat BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35

We have had a trial for Uploaders with this for the past week or so, and its worked quite well, now there is only 130 uploaders, but nearly 4,000 SPU so this may get a bit out of hand. If it does and only admin and above can create accounts, we will suspend it till we catch up.

Now dont go daft here, we do not want the same SPU asking 10 times in a week, be sensible, 1 every 2-4 weeks will do. (if that).

But as we have not got any invites, and i cant see them getting done any time in the near future, then we are going this route for now. And we badly need some more good members in here.

If you have someone you want to invite, then send a message to the staffbox with. hxxp://www.blackcats-games.net/contactstaff.php

Their Username (not real name)
    Their Password
    Their email address
    NO Hotmail - Yahoo - Gmail and no other FREE email services for this promotion
    Some rules though that should be self explanatory.

1: No Trading/Giveaways on Public Forums, if you do we will catch you.
    2: No selling on Ebay (as if yous would)
    3: Dont go poaching Uploaders from other private trackers, this may get you banned on other trackers and give us a bad name.
    4: You can discreetly (some trackers are ok with this others are not) PM good members on other trackers asking if they want to join, or give it away on that trackers external invites thread, if they have one.
    4: Invite your real life friends if you tust them and they want in.
    5: Try to explain to them the SP mod as best you can, and point them in the direction of the SP FAQ, we do not want them to be scared to download older torrents.

As you are sending it to the staff box, and only a select number of Staff can create accounts, you may have to wait awhile before it gets done, just have patience.

Is this true ?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    you cant trust frigging anyone these days can you not even SPU

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    LOOOOL of course not.

well, guess i'll have to wait longer to get to BCG.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Swift's Avatar twat BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    ok then i tought it was something wrong

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Nah but the reason is.

We are going stagnant, yep even with 45,000 members its going a bit stale, most members have downloaded everything they want to download, 6000 games on the tracker doesnt leave a lot of room for anything more, because there isnt many more avaliable that are not brand new releases, that are not already on the tracker, maybe DC/saturn but not many download those anyway.

So it was either open up, in which case we get lots of members through the doors straight away, but then it takes the staff a hell of a lot of time banning dupe accounts, cheaters etc etc.

Or, we do this and let SPU invite members, which will mean more work for the staff initially by creating them accounts, but then hopefully 90% plus will be good members, we already had 1 member that totally understood the SP system so thats a good start, members that have been there for a year still cant grasp it lol (or even know about it).

So we feel that this will get more members in, and a better quality of member as well, and we wont have to run about like blue arse flies for the next 2 months chasing cheaters etc.

BTW we have about 4000 SPU and to become an SPU you need.

Must achieve a global ratio at or above 2.05, have uploaded more than 100GB, be registered for at least 12 weeks, have at least 15 completed torrents in their history, and have 5 HnR points or less. Promotion is automatic. Don't ask staff to do it. When a Super Power User, if their ratio ever drops below 1.95 or they accumulate more than 5 HnR points, they will automatically be demoted back to Power User status, and they must raise their ratio back or remove their Hit and Runs by seeding in order to be promoted again.
    so hopefully they will know better than to invite bad apples.

BTW Seeed, if you got that from another tracker PU or Elite forum, why even think about posting and asking here, why not just ask on that forum (if your not a member of BCG that is so couldnt have asked me) actually you could have just PMed me on here.

I knew it would be on here sooner or later, but i thought we might have had a few days grace, not 24 hours
    Last edited by stoi; 03-24-2008 at 11:33 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    tutipute's Avatar I'm Here! BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    Nah but the reason is.

We are going stagnant, yep even with 45,000 members its going a bit stale, most members have downloaded everything they want to download, 6000 games on the tracker doesnt leave a lot of room for anything more, because there isnt many more avaliable that are not brand new releases, that are not already on the tracker, maybe DC/saturn but not many download those anyway.

So it was either open up, in which case we get lots of members through the doors straight away, but then it takes the staff a hell of a lot of time banning dupe accounts, cheaters etc etc.

Or, we do this and let SPU invite members, which will mean more work for the staff initially by creating them accounts, but then hopefully 90% plus will be good members, we already had 1 member that totally understood the SP system so thats a good start, members that have been there for a year still cant grasp it lol (or even know about it).

So we feel that this will get more members in, and a better quality of member as well, and we wont have to run about like blue arse flies for the next 2 months chasing cheaters etc.

BTW we have about 4000 SPU and to become an SPU you need.

Must achieve a global ratio at or above 2.05, have uploaded more than 100GB, be registered for at least 12 weeks, have at least 15 completed torrents in their history, and have 5 HnR points or less. Promotion is automatic. Don't ask staff to do it. When a Super Power User, if their ratio ever drops below 1.95 or they accumulate more than 5 HnR points, they will automatically be demoted back to Power User status, and they must raise their ratio back or remove their Hit and Runs by seeding in order to be promoted again.
    so hopefully they will know better than to invite bad apples.

BTW Seeed, if you got that from another tracker PU or Elite forum, why even think about posting and asking here, why not just ask on that forum (if your not a member of BCG that is so couldnt have asked me) actually you could have just PMed me on here.

I knew it would be on here sooner or later, but i thought we might have had a few days grace, not 24 hours
    The plot thickens...
    I don't mind waiting in line... before you blink i'll be knockin' at your door.

Now seriously, you must find a way to distinguish between the bad guys and the good guys. We also deserve a chance. MmMmM, don't we?

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Now, if only I knew an SPU on BCG

The new system seems well thought out. I can see why free e-mail providers would not be accepted. However, a lot of e-mail addresses provided by ISPs will block a lot of mail, so that might result in a few problems, even with spam filter disabled.

Hope the new system works out well for the site.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Looks like a "bad-user-proof" system, neat, but it seems like a lot of work for the staff since they have to create the accounts themselves.
    Too bad I don't have any real life friend on BCG lol

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Kapone's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    I'll be eagerly waiting to try and catch an invite. Only time will tell...

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    Ur trackers is very important and ofc the news will be here immediately

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast