Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: rapidshare download via ?

Poster BT Rep: +1
    Actually afaik your not actually downloading from different servers, it's just taking a different route to the server. Those options listed are internet backbones/isps. You might get packetloss or bad speed on one, so you try another

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    I'm staff,kiss m ass BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by torrentguy View Post
    Actually afaik your not actually downloading from different servers, it's just taking a different route to the server. Those options listed are internet backbones/isps. You might get packetloss or bad speed on one, so you try another
    Yup correct, that are different carriers connected to their datacentre. Sometimes I had very poor speed like only some 7% of my downstream, so I just pick another route and it streams good again.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    escuoop's Avatar ♥♥♥ BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    What is the best downloading app do you use with RS, I use GetRight ATM is there any better?
    Last edited by escuoop; 04-05-2008 at 06:16 PM.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    I tried getright, but now I use orbit downloader ( www.orbitdownloader.com ) with the flashgot extension for firefox and I like it much better, just remember to set the default number of connections to original URL to 1. It works very well with rapidshare.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    sanjana's Avatar Cherish your life... BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I initial thought was how come if we upload the file on rapidshare it will create different copies in different servers...

Later found out that it is just for routing different packets and depending on the different server the speed varies and depending on the speed aswell.
    I am proud to be a part of this communities.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12