Thread: Scared Of Getting Caught By Riaa

This is an excellent site for those that are scared of getting caught by the RIAA. It gives advice on how to avoid being caught and other stuff, very good site

EFF

Although some of it's advice goes against p2p nature.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    There is additional steps you can take on KL++:
    use an alternate port
    block all traffic to port 1214
    the 'privacy patch' to prevent listing of your files
    enabled block RIAA ips

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    chalkmongoose
    Originally posted by Switeck@3 August 2003 - 08:31
    use an alternate port
    the 'privacy patch' to prevent listing of your files
    enabled block RIAA ips
    Do not enable "block RIAA IP addresses" as they block a lot of innocent IP address as well.
    Instead, don't share copyrighted files, unless you are willing to take the risk. I'm more than willing to go out to a theatre and pay ten dollars to see "The Hulk" if it means avoiding possible fees of 250,000 dollars, and years spent in jail.
    The equation is simple not worth it. Unless of course, you really are exceptionally stupid, and believe that ten dollars is more than 250,000, which when last I checked, could feed the entire continent of Africa for a year.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    i download anything, what are the chances im gonna get cuaght?

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Originally posted by chalkmongoose+4 August 2003 - 01:01--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (chalkmongoose @ 4 August 2003 - 01:01)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Switeck@3 August 2003 - 08:31
    use an alternate port
    the &#39;privacy patch&#39; to prevent listing of your files
    enabled block RIAA ips
    Do not enable "block RIAA IP addresses" as they block a lot of innocent IP address as well.
    Instead, don&#39;t share copyrighted files, unless you are willing to take the risk. I&#39;m more than willing to go out to a theatre and pay ten dollars to see "The Hulk" if it means avoiding possible fees of 250,000 dollars, and years spent in jail.
    The equation is simple not worth it. Unless of course, you really are exceptionally stupid, and believe that ten dollars is more than 250,000, which when last I checked, could feed the entire continent of Africa for a year. [/b][/quote]
    not a wise move if you are sharing files- the peerguardian database is being improved as we speak- it just doesn&#39;t make sense to share files and not protect yourself even if it means cutting off some users (until those ranges are removed)

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    tips?? simple

use Soulseek for music and get uptto 3000 albums while they try and catch peopel who downlaod f*cked up mp3s from kazaa

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Originally posted by chalkmongoose+4 August 2003 - 05:01--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (chalkmongoose &#064; 4 August 2003 - 05:01)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Switeck@3 August 2003 - 08:31
    use an alternate port
    the &#39;privacy patch&#39; to prevent listing of your files
    enabled block RIAA ips
    Instead, don&#39;t share copyrighted files, unless you are willing to take the risk. I&#39;m more than willing to go out to a theatre and pay ten dollars to see "The Hulk" if it means avoiding possible fees of 250,000 dollars, and years spent in jail.
    The equation is simple not worth it. Unless of course, you really are exceptionally stupid, and believe that ten dollars is more than 250,000, which when last I checked, could feed the entire continent of Africa for a year. [/b][/quote]

Are you even aware of what site you actually posted this on?
    (Helloo RIAA and/or HOLLYWOOD&#33;&#33;&#33

PS: The Hulk (movie) SUCKED&#33;&#33; - Thank God I got a free preview before I wasted my &#036;&#036; on that crap (fuck all of the cans of pop that I drink everyday advertising the movie- The Hulk cant be saved with any amount of &#036;&#036;&#33;&#33

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    One more thing for chalkmongoose:

Exactly what would be a good example of an "innocent IP address" that the RIAA IP block feature (Kazaa Lite) might filter out? - and how would you know this to be the case?

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    there are some goofy submissions in the full unfiltered pg list but those will be taken care of soon (some ppl decided to submit parts of isp ranges coz they were taking their firewall alerts and then doing whois lookups and submitting the friggin range)

if y&#39;all run across ppl wanting to know more about the pg effort there&#39;s a forum and then check my sig for more specific links

pg forum http://mercuria.no-ip.org/pg/

ddd

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    hahaha it makes me laugh how many ppl are so paranoid of the r.i.a.a they won&#39;t do anything to the users of kazaa lite they&#39;ll only close kazaa down there is to many of us