Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Too Many Progams Installed?

jeezis christ. that's a lot of programs. i would think that --if you're not already using your highest screen resolution-- you would be able to display a longer start menu by increasing the resolution since that basically shrinks all of your non-fullscreen apps a bit.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Poster
    That did it too but now I need a loupe to see the icons lol. At 1152 x 864

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Poster
    theres a registry hack too speed up your start menu(when u open it)..i use it on xp..its in the registry under "MenuShowDelay"...by default its set to 400..change it to "0"

it sould be in Hkey current users/control panel then look in the right had pane for"menu show delay" if its binary data is "400" change it to "0"

this should speed up your start menu,,must admit i dont think it had as many applications in mind when it was designed as u have installed in your start menu though...lol

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    you could split these into some subfolders "Music" "work" "video" or whatever to increase space...just a thought
    <insert signature here>

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Poster
    Well, I would like to categorize the web apps but would they still show up in start/program files? Hmm Maybe if I created shortcuts in the program listings?

lol, can ya tell I&#39;ve never messed with these kinda menus before?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    Good God&#33;
    Why don&#39;t you create folders on the start menu and move the shortcuts out of the default "Programs" folder?
    As soon as I install something, I move its icons to a different group. Uninstallers go into a subdirectory of the
    "System Tools" section, named "Uninstallers", Help Files have their own section, etc.

here&#39;s mine:

How long does it take, when you hover on programs, to show all those little folders?
    That&#39;s not as bad as people with 100 desktop icons, though. That really gets under my skin.

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Damnatory's Avatar OTL BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    No shit man, I organize everything into smaller folders in the Start Menu.

Seriously Balaam, you should really think about uninstalling all the crap you don&#39;t use from day to day. Hell some of that shit you probably don&#39;t even use year to year....

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Poster
    That&#39;s what I was looking for&#33; I just couldn&#39;t find all the programs when I opened the start menu folder to do a move. No idea why they don&#39;t all show there?? Anyway, the solution seems to be that I have to manually drag each folder from the start menu column to the new subfolder. No mass moves. It will take some extra time time but finally all apps will be in their place.

Thanks very much to everyone for their ideas.

*I actually play with it all weekly&#33; And the kids like it too of course.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Poster
    Hey balamm post us a new screenshot and show us how ya went dude&#33;

Dave

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    god dam does somebody actually need all them programs..

balamm do u use all them programs ??????

I never let my programs menu get over the first page..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast