Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Too Many Progams Installed?

Poster
    Take a look at the image and you'll see that some basic programs are no longer appearing in start/programs. If the list is minimized like it is each time it's opened, then some of them still show up. Is it possible to increase the number of entries shown? I was under the impression that overlapping or scrolling menus were automatic at some point. there is no right click option that will allow me to add scrolling. It' windows 2000 advanced server but I'd imagine it's basically the same as windows 2000 pro for menu options.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    hmm dont really know much about server but have right clicked on ya start button and then clicked properties then advanced? or right clicked ya programs button? see wots there, i dunno in server. sorry couldnt be more of a help

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Looks like there's a hard limit of 152 programs in the start/program menu. There is no right click/properties option at all.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    oh my gawd! lol, ya picture never showed up 1st time i looked, yeh you prob right about the limit of programs! i guess microsoft didnt envisage someone having that amount of progs on a pc! that picture i have gotta say has made my day! and i thought i had 2 many apps! lol lol

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    That's only about half of them. I've finally managed to keep it all stable for more than a month. There's just as many if not more installed in non registered folders outside of program files.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Holy crap!! Thats a lot of programs. What you could do is instead of having your start menu displayed in columns, you can have it scroll. I think this will fix your problem, but then it will take forever to find something.

IF you wanna do this:
    Right click taskbar
    Properties
    Advanced
    Check: Scroll the programs menu

If you want, try it.

EDIT: Typo

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    That's got it, thanks. A little slower but at least I have my office and frontpage folders back again.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    hmm interesting, i like it when i learn sumfink new ta muchly

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Whooo! I helped a mod!

/Me feels special.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    and so you should

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast