Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Problem with seedbox(kimsufi)

BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I'm new to Linux but now I get the joke.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Bunny Hopper BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    I don't want to argue, but there have been several posters here who have run utorrent/wine successfully with the kimsufi, including the OP. There's no need to suggest rtorrent.

To the original problem, I had very similar experience only with torrents from ScT. I think the reasons for it maybe poor network and/or too many seedboxes.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Poster
    The leechers probably aren't real. Ghost or partial downloaders.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    barakokula's Avatar hard to thrill BT Rep: +1
    Nope,those leechers finish the download later,or i see them in 'peers' tab with more % downloaded later,when we connect for 5-6 seconds. FTN doesn't have many leechers,so you can always keep track on who's downloading,at what speed,what's their ip,when they finish.... We stay connected untill their download speed is under,let's say 200KBs. Once they go over 200kBs ,bam,they're gone. They try to connect 5-6 minutes later,and the same thing happens.

I watched the peers tab last night on waffles...seems i can stay connected only with slower downloaders while leeching, <100-200KBs. Even if dl speed is 0kBs,i still can't connect to faster ones. But when i partial seed it,skip all the files,I start to connect.

Doubt it's ghost downloaders,bcs i started getting this problem on ftn first,then sct,now everywhere. They should be good with catching cheaters.

So,it's prolly the disk overload/network overload or sth like that. Even though i don't get any errors , 'disk overloaded' or anything of the sort. And it worked a week ago,same setup.My cheapo box was always in the top 5 seeders in any swarm on sct/ftn if i jumped on it early enough. Other kimsufis in swarm were somewhere down,I was up there with the big guns,keyweb,dedibox.fr,non-kimsufi ovh.

Bah .

I will try the ugly rtorrent sometime soon,maybe it'll work better.
    Last edited by barakokula; 03-26-2008 at 11:13 AM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    If you check out the OVH forums you can find an intresting post on how they cap their networks - its checked daily - [search for SLA]

Its a good read - and to sum it up in one sentance :

Turn off torrents for 24 hours - then restart :s

B/w usage will drop and then you get uncapped again,

Try that and see if that resolves the issue.

I personnally use Torrentflux and am very happy with speeds 6/6 atm

i am also running a Gameserver and a webpage so i know that the RAM is an issue but its not the do all and all of it. [And yes its a little kimi - very good bits of kit]

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Thx for the sum up in one sentence,i kinda got lost in that text.

Could be it,bcs this started to happen a day after i transfered around 500gb in 10-12 hours.

Thx for the tip,I'll shut down everything and see how it goes.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Nope,didn't help. Still get connected to leechers only when i finish downloading it.
    I'm in SLA mode. Can anyone who's kimsufi is working good check are they in SLA or noSLA ?

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    have a look at your cpu load. i'm running kimsufi with debian lenny, rtorrent and twofish encyption. if i download with more than one mb / secound the cpu load goes over > 3. so the cpu is limiting the upload/bandwith, not ohv.....256 mb ram addionally would be very nice. i never tried it without encryption..

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Hmm,cpu load is 80% when dl'in 8.5 MBs . But i don't think that is the problem,bcs i can still go 8/8 or 9/9 simoutaneusly. Just not on the same torrent.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    mamacita's Avatar Tarding is bad!! BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    the disc overload error will appear in blinking text in the very bottom of utorrent next to where it says DHT disabled.
    Kindness goes a long way!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast