Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Play Flash Files In Realplayer

shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    I noticed a few people have been asking for programs that can play .swf files from their computer.

This may be old news but I just found out that realplayer can open .swf (flash) files and play them.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    But who wants to install RealPlayer that comes with a lot of ad-ware and consumes a lot of system resources and upsets the system with its aggressive fight for file type associations. The whole idea of developing a software called "Real Alternative" now available for download from the K-Lite site is to avoid installing RealOne player.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Well, for starters I use the realplayer in linux. Which actually is not anything close to the player called realone that most people install for windows. The one in linux is realplayer 8 and is not bloated in any way besides the binaries and the libs that it needs to function.

As for real alternative, Ive elaborated on that in a particular topic that was posted before. Its a nice app and I like what their trying to do but take in mine its still under development. It cant even support simple http auth (usernames and pwd protected real media files on streaming servers.) Im sure in do time that will be corrected, but as I stipulated before, if your going to have a real alternative it might as well be something that can do everything realone player can do and possibly more so as to completely exonerate a user from using realone player all together.

Btw, this post was not an attempt to support the realone app that Im quite sure even though you scold probably still have installed on your system.

Ironic is it not? We bash microsoft the same way, but yet we still use their products.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Originally posted by shn@6 August 2003 - 08:44

Btw, this post was not an attempt to support the realone app that Im quite sure even though you scold probably still have installed on your system.

Ironic is it not?  We bash microsoft the same way, but yet we still use their products.
    I did have RealPlayer installed on my PC previously and was quite a fan of it during its initial days. But now I refuse to install RealPlayer again on my PC after I saw the junk they include with their new software and how fast my PC was as soon as I uninstalled it.

Microsoft is different. I personally never could understand the anti-Microsoft segment especially by IT techies. Microsoft was simply the best and they never did anything wrong. The people who blame Microsoft for anti-competitive resorts to much more worst tactic when they are given similar opportunities. The people at the top always have an advantage. This world is not a fair place. Whatever Microsoft bundles is useful stuff that makes our computer experience so much easier. What AOL and RealOne Player bundles is pure junk that consists of mostly adware, spyware and other system resource consuming stuff that we are better off avoiding.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    realone is shit compared to the old versions but i need to use it to play real files. oh well.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    For flash (.swf) files... Stand Alone Flash Player. Original and best.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by mail2me+6 August 2003 - 03:17--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mail2me @ 6 August 2003 - 03:17)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-shn@6 August 2003 - 08:44

Ironic is it not? We bash microsoft the same way, but yet we still use their products.
    I did have RealPlayer installed on my PC previously and was quite a fan of it during its initial days. But now I refuse to install RealPlayer again on my PC after I saw the junk they include with their new software and how fast my PC was as soon as I uninstalled it.

Microsoft is different. I personally never could understand the anti-Microsoft segment especially by IT techies. Microsoft was simply the best and they never did anything wrong. The people who blame Microsoft for anti-competitive resorts to much more worst tactic when they are given similar opportunities. The people at the top always have an advantage. This world is not a fair place. Whatever Microsoft bundles is useful stuff that makes our computer experience so much easier. What AOL and RealOne Player bundles is pure junk that consists of mostly adware, spyware and other system resource consuming stuff that we are better off avoiding. [/b][/quote]
    Take a look at this and then tell me how you feel about your "bundled software" from microsoft.

Btw, dont choke too hard on your words.

http://www.againsttcpa.com/tcpa-faq-en.html

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    I use RealOne Player but I cleaned the spyware up with Ad-aware Professional 6.181.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Originally posted by mogadishu@6 August 2003 - 09:23
    realone is shit compared to the old versions but i need to use it to play real files. oh well.
    A lot of sites are giving an option between Windows Media Plater 9 Series and RealOne Player for streaming video. My prediction is that Windows Media Player will be the new standard for streaming video as people find it better and more convenient. Soon RealPlayer will become obsolete just like Netscape.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Originally posted by shn+6 August 2003 - 09:36--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (shn &#064; 6 August 2003 - 09:36)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Take a look at this and then tell me how you feel about your "bundled software" from microsoft.

http://www.againsttcpa.com/tcpa-faq-en.html[/b]

I will worry about that when it becomes a problem. Sometimes these things don&#39;t happen exactly as planned or someone will find a crack or a way around it. I might switch over to another operating system if worst comes to worst just as people are now switching over to Windows Media Player 9 Series and away from RealPlayer. There will be more supported applications and compatibility with other operating systems too if everybody does that. Right now AOL and RealPlayer is a big menace for many if you have it installed on a Windows operating system. Microsoft products are not a problem for anyone so far. I will worry about it if and when it becomes a problem.

<!--QuoteBegin-shn
    @6 August 2003 - 09:36

Btw, dont choke too hard on your words.

[/quote]Please be mindful of the language and keep this forum constructive by avoiding such provocative remarks. Thank you in advance for your anticipated co-operation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast