Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Aol Worth The Free Trial

gaz_k's Avatar Poster
    AOL SOFTWARE?

I am back home from for the summer, i have broad band there, but not in my house i in for the summer.

i can use my mates n leave my computer there all week downloading but it annoying.

there no point me siging up for the interent for the rest of the summer (till ocotber) as it normally 12 month min contract.

is it worth getting one of them free 1000 hour things for aol n just using that for now?

i have heard though that once u install aol onto your pc it is very hard to get it all off n can mess u up a bit.

is this true?

also, wen my free hours run out, can i just get another disk?

out of interest, who your service provider.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    AOL has a reputation for screwing your PC up and being f***ing hard to take off. In fact, AOL is a popular item of ridicule and generally piss-taking in this forum and many others.

Practically any ISP has free-time offers - Have a look at the other ISPs available in your area to see if they offer them, especially their sites.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    My experience with those "free" offers is aggravating. Not only did they leave shit all over my puter, which took weeks to clear up. They require a cc or check acct. Better watch your bills for 6 months or so. They keep "accidently" charging or taking $ out of your acct. And you gotta use their software to connect which is a huge resource hog. If you decide to go that way. I'd think about tatooing the transaction # of my cancellation order & their toll free # on my arm. Cause you're gonna need it. Oh yeah plan on spending more hours on the phone with them than your loved ones explaining that you cancelled & don't lose that transaction#!

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Originally posted by Illuminati@ 5 August 2003 - 15:01
    In fact, AOL is a popular item of ridicule and generally piss-taking in this forum and many others.
    That's a blatant lie.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    gaz_k's Avatar Poster
    thanks for the warning... think i will give it a miss.

i hear bt broadband is free conection and free month line rental i think....

out of interest, how much is the likes of T1.

i heard it about £45, if i split that between four house mates it only £10 each a month, that nothing, but how much is all the equipment and that to ditribute it through the house....

sorry if i wondered off topic and this doesn't belong in the software sectin any more.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Yes don't do it . It really SUCKS!!
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-family:Arial'>Msi ms-6330
    Amd Athlon at 1ghz
    896mb Ram pc-133
    Seagate 80gb 7,200 rpm
    Nvidia Geforce MX 420
    21 inch screen
    MSI 52X32X52 CD-RW (cr52-m)
    SoundBlaster 5.1 mp3+
    Creative Labs 5.1 Speakers
    Xp Pro Sp1</span></span>

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Originally posted by LTJBukem+5 August 2003 - 15:26--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (LTJBukem @ 5 August 2003 - 15:26)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Illuminati@ 5 August 2003 - 15:01
    In fact, AOL is a popular item of ridicule and generally piss-taking in this forum and many others.
    That&#39;s a blatant lie. [/b][/quote]
    Says the person who has a satirical skit of an AOL ad in his sig

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    NO&#33; Save yourself&#33;

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    netweiser_com
    aol is bad - there are better out there. i find freeserve good

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    Originally posted by Illuminati+5 August 2003 - 16:30--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Illuminati @ 5 August 2003 - 16:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by LTJBukem@5 August 2003 - 15:26
    <!--QuoteBegin-Illuminati
    @ 5 August 2003 - 15:01

That&#39;s a blatant lie.
    Says the person who has a satirical skit of an AOL ad in his sig [/b][/quote]
    Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

AOL sucks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast