Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Some system scores

Hey guys, just ran a few benches on my rig and came up with some decent numbers so I thought I'd share.

Vista Experience Score (for what it's worth)

PC Pitstop Score

3DMark06

Fairly satisfied, although my cheap RAM is holding me back significantly.

Specs:
    Intel Q6600 GO (2.4Ghz stock @ 3.4Ghz)
    Abit IP35-Pro
    EVGA 8800GT (600/1500/900 stock @ 724/1810/1030)
    4GB Crucial Rendition PC5300 (667Mhz stock @ 756Mhz)
    2x250gb Sata2 7200rpm drives in Raid-0
    750gb Hitachi 7k1000
    Vista Ultimate 64bit

Just getting the feel of this Intel experience...

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Wow.

That quad just kills my Wolfie and I'll never overcome the difference.
    In the Pitstop tests, my RAM score is about 1000 pts. higher- so you may be right about the low performance of yours.

Your Disk I/O is also suspiciously low- do you have "write back" enabled in the Matrix manager?

I see they have a new internet test on the site...hmmm, think I'll wait till next week after Comcast "upgrades" my service.

I just got a top 3% rank with only 7500 points...the curve is oddly bell shaped I suspect.

Nice PC, K.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    I enabled write back and my disk score dropped slightly? Is it better to have write back enabled or disabled?
    But then again neither test was run after a fresh restart so there could have been some activity during the run.
    My RAM is crap, I know it. but for $15/gb I can't complain at all. I ran it around 840Mhz on my old AM2 setup with relaxed timings, but for some reason this IP35-Pro does not like me playing with timings whatsoever.
    I have the RAM running at 756Mhz on 5-5-5-15 timings but I can't even boot with 6-6-6-18, no matter what the frequency.

Oh and the test I just ran with write back enabled, I scored just over 10k and it put me in the top 1%? I think this means that it gets the % score as an average of all the subcategory percentages, and not your final score.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    I'd have thought that write back would help.
    Still odd that your disk scores are so much lower (notice how I'm focusing on the only score that I win at?).

You should score some good memory while it's still so cheap.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Yeah I'm not sure why my disk scores are lacking. It could be because I'm using two different drives in the array, while yours are symmetrical.

I am thinking of grabbing a 2x2gb G skill set. Just don't know if the extra 44mhz is worth the $100+. I need some reason to justify it in my head, but I'm sure I'll come up with something.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    This stuff works quite well.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    I got that Gskill ram after clocker recommended it and it is fantastic And it comes with a VERY cool case sticker that is the first one I have ever put on my case, How bout you clocker are you too cool for Case stickers??

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Of course I am.
    I'd wear a t-shirt if they sent one though.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    This stuff works quite well.
    Yeah that's a nice kit.
    I don't think I'd need DDR2 1000 though.
    On the Q6600 GO, 800Mhz would give me 3.6Ghz at 1:1 and I could probably even push the RAM to say even 425Mhz, giving me over 3.8Ghz.

There's a Mushkin EM 2x2gb kit of DDR2 800 for only $77 but I have not heard too much about it.
    The cheapest I can find that G.Skill kit for here in Canada is $115, most are around $150.

I know Mushkin used to make great RAM back in the DDR1 days, have you heard anything about the DDR2 EM stuff?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    At the shop, we stopped using Mushkin a few years ago (during DDR/s939 era) because the compatibility issues got so bad.
    Haven't tried any since then.

Patriot became my "go-to" brand and G.Skill is my new fave.

The 1k MHz RAM can come in handy if you decide to lower your multiplier and up the FSB.
    My chip for instance, is happier running 8 x 500 than 9 x 450 and the RAM is 1:1 with the 500FSB.

Just a thought.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast