Thread: getting 360 modded

Gish's Avatar Seeda from Hell BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    so this week I'm going to get my 360 modded and wanted to see if anyone out there has bad stories of being banned from live or 360 not working after mod etc..? I just want to know some of the risks!

Thanks

2. Games   -   #2
    Pudge's Avatar Needler Fan BT Rep: +2
    Well, there are several precautions you should take if you want to stay on live with your modded boxx.

1. Make sure to get scene releases of games or rip them yourselves with the various programs available. Nothing banns you faster than some rushjob releases with half the files changed in some way. Also make sure to read the comments of all games you get for fixes that could mean the difference between ban and unban.
    2. Don't play those Xbox 1 releases on the 360. I know it's tempting, but it's not worth it.
    3. Buy a cooling pad or keep your house/room cold. Trust me on this one, I'm around modded boxxes all the time, and they RROD much faster than normal boxxes. Whoever is modding it should probably just install a couple new fans in there, as they run much better that way.
    4. Go to www.xbox-scene.com for the latest warnings about banhammers and other M$ news.

Other than that, welcome to the world of Backups, enjoy! I personally have had one banned boxx after about a year of use, but I have a friend that does this kind of thing on the side and was able to trade me for another modded box. If you're smart, there shouldn't be any problem.
    Needlers ROK!

3. Games   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    You cannot play Xbox LIVE online anymore, that is the biggest downside.

4. Games   -   #4
    Pudge's Avatar Needler Fan BT Rep: +2
    Uhh, what do you mean "you can't play live anymore" That's only the Xbox 1, as I have stacks of DVD-Rs that I play on XBL all the time with my 360. Just check out my gamertag, NeedlerFanPudge. I sure as hell didn't pay $60 for all those games!
    Needlers ROK!

5. Games   -   #5
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Pudge View Post

2. Don't play those Xbox 1 releases on the 360. I know it's tempting, but it's not worth it.
    Why not? Are you talking about those "XBOX_FOR_XBOX360" scene-releases, original scene releases released back in the days of the XBOX (and groups like ProjectX), or user-created XBOX1 rips?
    And why can't you play XBOX1 games on Live? Thanks.

Dark Archon, you sure can play on XBOX Live, you just need to be smart in modding, burning and patching procedures.

6. Games   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    you can play online, you just need to keep up to date with the drivers and as of my 360 is running fine over 4months now its been modded
    pictures of you!! pictures of me!!

7. Games   -   #7
    Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I haven't tried XBL yet on my modded 360. I tried it before it got modded though. Just to be on the safe side. I'm making sure all my games are stealthed and I also deleted all my saves and cerated a new gamer tag since every game you play is attached to your gamer tag. So I want to look like I haven't played any games on XBL yet.

8. Games   -   #8
    Casper413's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    you wont always get banned but some point you will get banned when microsoft start new checks but its best to keep games stealth and keep updated with firm on 360.