Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Conecting to seedbox from FTP help please

Okies I have recently signed up with OVH and use the kimsufi package. I have read the guide.. https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-gui...ver-ssl-276623

I have not restricted the IP's.

My problem is connecting my home PC via FTP. I am fine accessing the remote desktop. I have used 2 FTP clients filezilla and cute FTP pro. I just cannot connect whatever I do. Anyone able to help perhaps somebody who uses the kimsufi packgage.

I am entering ks******.kimsufi.com as host address (****** is deliberately removed). I am using my username and password supplied by OVH and nothing cannot connect. It just comes are you sure you have entered the right details etc. Help would be appreciated on this folks spent a couple hours trying to figure this out.
    Life in the fast lane usenet freak

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    fazzy07's Avatar Something Something BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    Which OS do you have?

If you have debian on ovh kimsufi like me then this is the tutorial I used

http://howtoforge.com/proftpd-tls-debian-etch

I get around 80% of my download speed with filezilla

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Why are you not using the direct IP address as supplied?
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    BANNED BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    See if there is a guide about it at torrent-source.net

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Islander_IBG's Avatar *i* DEBUT SOON
    put IP in host address , then pur root and root pass as ur username and pass.....................simple

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Make sure that you use FTP with TLS/SSH
    Last edited by mr.Dman; 03-29-2008 at 07:09 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    class's Avatar iSeed BT Rep: +1
    it is because te FTP connection logon and password is set by the FTP server. install an FTP server on your server, then set the username and password on the FTP server application, there is no built in FTP, this is how i did it on my kimsuuufi

REVOLT please, i will make you soooooooo proud.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    sftp should be installed already, but you dont want to use that, its slow as all hell. If its a linux box (or windows), you can install an ftp server, i recommend vsftpd for linux ( i dont know shit about windows), you will have to play with the vsftpd.conf file to allow users to login and non just anon. login, you can google everything needed to do this.
    Go Leafs Go.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post
    Why are you not using the direct IP address as supplied?
    +1

use the IP address instead of the hostname.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Tried the IP address and root as username etc. Hell bummed out on this will look tomorrow when I got a clear head. Got a windows server application installed. One of the guides on OVH suggested I change password for FTP but the guide seems dated and the manager does not work as guide states. Thanks for replies so far will give this another shot soon. I have used FTP via seedm8 but OVH is my first proper box and it is proving to be an ass.

Hey Sarge I will get the 1 Gig RAM super douper server next month.
    Life in the fast lane usenet freak

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast