Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Binary Invasion gone for good?

I know the Binary Invasion site was down earlier this year for some extended maintenance, but I get the sinking feeling the site's gone for good. When I went to the site tonight, after it was down for the last 4/5 days, I got the dreaded "Domain Default Page." Has anyone else heard for sure if it's gone?

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    I've noticed it being down for at least the last 2 days. Surely hope it's not a goner.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    It really doesn't look good. I've seen it go down before, but I've never seen the Domain Default page show up during the past down-times. I suppose life will go on without Binary Invasions... it just won't be as much fun! It sure made finding DVD releases extremely easy.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    I agree, it was easily the best DVD-nzb source around. And it's been around for years.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Good news for... well... the one other binaryinvasions.com fan here! I tracked down thedevilman, site administrator, and got this email from him:

-UPDATE- I'm still having trouble with the server and still waiting on a reply to a ticket. Here is my own latest of many replies in this ticket, "I demand an update! It has been over 48 hours now since this ticket has been updated by anyone" I will update everyone again when I have something new to report. I am very sorry for the delays.

Thanks for holding in there. We will be back, it's just a matter of getting the whole mess sorted out and getting the server back up and running.

So there may be a bit of a wait, but it looks like BI will be up and running in the near future!

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    That's great news

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
    I agree, it was easily the best DVD-nzb source around. And it's been around for years.
    There have never been nzb's on binaryinvasion.

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by chaotic646 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
    Granted, there weren't nzb's on-site, but the detailed info postings sure made it easy to find files on nzb search engines like binsearch.

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by ruby651 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chaotic646 View Post

Granted, there weren't nzb's on-site, but the detailed info postings sure made it easy to find files on nzb search engines like binsearch.
    I agree 100%. I was just pointing out that they didnt ever have nzb's.

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    thedevilman
    I greatly apologize for not making a better effort to get the news out. BinaryInvasion.com will be back soon!

I am in the middle of a dilemma with my server company that will determine if i switch companies or stay and rebuild the site yet again with them.

It is a bit too much to go into now, but there have been monumental screwups from them to date, especially over the last few months, and i am waiting to see how they correct this and compensate for it. If their actions in the following days are not acceptable or do not live up to what i expect, I will be switching to another host.

In either case, the site should be back into a state of rebuild starting this coming Monday or Tuesday and hopefully be back up by that following weekend.

Again, i apologize for not having the info out there a bit more. Please hang in there. You can also visit us on IRC for the most up to date info. (#alt.binaries.dvdr @ EFnet) We will be back soon... I hope, hehe.
    -thedevilman

P.S. thX for getting everyone up to date ruby651!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast