Thread: Usenet Clients For Linux?

Can anyone help refer some usenet clients for linux I just got my new Ubuntu server running and I am currently using AltBinz with whine but its a bit resource hog. I used Pan and NZB but Pan lags soo much and NZB works fine but everytime I want to do a second NZB it crashes or shutdowns and I have to restart it is kind of annoying when you got a few stuff to queue up.

I don't need anything special I have the NZB just need to load them up and have the program at least make the directory name.

Thanks

Any help appreciated

2. Newsgroups   -   #2

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    binbot
    nzbget
    lottanzb
    newslite
    Usenet software/services news and updates:
    http://www.usenetwatch.com

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    What do you mean Pan lags?

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Member BT Rep: +1
    +1 For hellanzb.

You start the daemon, save the NZB to the specified directory, it'll automatically download and extract the files, and only gets the par's if it's necessary. Works very well.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    Thanks for the suggestions.

When I open Pan it just slows me down alot I don't know how because the CPU is about 30% and barely anything else is high I have a few programs going 1-7% usage. This is when I have no queue too so its not like its decoding.

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Quote Originally Posted by fmarqui View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions.

When I open Pan it just slows me down alot I don't know how because the CPU is about 30% and barely anything else is high I have a few programs going 1-7% usage. This is when I have no queue too so its not like its decoding.
    Hmm maybe the way it was compiled. A lot of generic packages, one size fits all don't necessarily run well on a particular Arch. I remember when Ubuntu compiled all their apps for the Intel Arch, and I was like asking them, HEY wait a min. what about the AMD arch, this isn't going to work so well for them.

I use to build my own packs, I bet if you compiled Pan for your box specs and knew how to do it, it would then run good.

PEACE