Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: S.h.i.t.

Poster
    Originally posted by JPaul+5 August 2003 - 17:39--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JPaul @ 5 August 2003 - 17:39)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-titey@5 August 2003 - 18:31

shit

Pronunciation: &#39;shit, interjectionally also &#39;shE-&t
    Function: noun
    Etymology: (assumed) Middle English, from Old English scite; akin to Old English -scItan to defecate
    Date: circa 1585
    Or

Etymology: alteration of earlier shite, from Middle English shiten, from Old English -scItan; akin to Old High German scIzan to defecate and probably to Old English scEadan to separate [/b][/quote]
    That&#39;s a lot of shit JP and by golly don&#39;t you know it&#33;
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Mr Hand&#39;s Busy Right Now&#33; So Talk To Mr FOOKIN FINGER&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;</span></span>

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Poster
    High praise from a self confessed scatologist.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    lynx's Avatar .
    The word shit entered modern English language derived from the Old English nouns scite and the Middle Low German schite, both meaning "dung," and the Old English noun scitte, meaning "diarrhea." Our most treasured cuss word has been with us a long time, showing up in written works both as a noun and as a verb as far back as the 14th century.
    So that&#39;s where we get the term &#39;squitters&#39; I suppose.

And I&#39;m pretty certain Shakey used the term shit (or shite) a few times, so that takes us back to the 15th century.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    chalkmongoose
    Spread your legs and pop a squat...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12