Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm possibly buying a 360, but I have questions

Pudge's Avatar Needler Fan BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    and online is a must ,,,,,
    I have to agree. A 360 without XBL wouldn't be worth the money in my opinion. I would probably just buy another Wii or an Xbox 1 if I couldn't get XBL
    Needlers ROK!

2. Games   -   #12
    Grind$oFine's Avatar get n3rd3d BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    I think only people who really like playing online would think that.

I'm not big into first person shooters anyway, which is what all the XBL craze seems to be about. Even when I do play them, I'd never play on Live, I would humiliate myself - I'm just plain bad at them, I usually get frustrated within 10 minutes.

I just want to play my RPGs, Action-Adventure, Rhythm, Sports, and Racing games in high definition on my TV I spent over a grand on, and never use to it's full potential. Plus, I do have a Wii and the graphics are mediocre and though I love the games, they're not very versatile. No More Heroes was a godsend, but there's not much else that's mature AND fun to play. My PS2 has the versatility, but some of the graphics are so pixelated when I play that it gives me a headache.

Besides, I'm getting a Xbox 360 Premium, with the HDMI port & cord, 2 controllers, 6 games for $250 - so I wouldn't call it a waste of money because I could probably just sell it for more if I really don't like it - and actually make money off of it.

I'd buy a PS3 if I could get a deal on it and I didn't have to buy all the games I wanted to play, but that's not gonna be possible for a while.

3. Games   -   #13
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Quote Originally Posted by silent h3ro View Post
    As far as I know, if you open the case you will void the warranty. If you have the balls to attempt it, I would also add some extra cooling to it as well to save it from an RRoD.
    Funny thing is I've had my 360 since Dec of '05, and it's only ever given me the RRoD once, and all I did was turn it off and turn it back on again, poof, problem solved.

I guess I'm lucky lol.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

4. Games   -   #14
    Casper413's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    if your not interested in online play (which i personally say is Great). but still not interested Get it Modded by someone with experience in modding? unless you think you could do it yourself. It looks hard first time you get into modding 360 but its real simple! but your warranty will be voided and will have a problem if your 360 gets the 3RL in the future ( but if you still have warranty you will be covered by microsoft who have extended thier warranty to 3 years) but if you have no warranty you will have to repair yourself by performing the x-clamp mod!

Your xbox 360 has a good high chance of getting 3RL in the future.

but as fOrUmAs said you could try purchasing one which has been modded but still has the warranty sticker intact.

But if you wouldnt mind purchasing games like me i wouldnt want to Mod The 360 For several Reasons.

a little while back i purchased a 360 with 3RL and The x-clamp Does Work it has a good Chance to Repair The 360!
    Last edited by Casper413; 04-07-2008 at 07:31 PM.

5. Games   -   #15
    fOrUmAs's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    Quote Originally Posted by Pudge View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    and online is a must ,,,,,
    I have to agree. A 360 without XBL wouldn't be worth the money in my opinion. I would probably just buy another Wii or an Xbox 1 if I couldn't get XBL
    that is not true at all

why would i need live since i only play game to beat it and that is all,i dont have time to play online games and im not that interesting in that anyway,not just with 360 also with ps3,pc

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

6. Games   -   #16
    Grind$oFine's Avatar get n3rd3d BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    I got a premium with the harddrive, 2 controllers, and COD4 for $150.

I'm having problems getting it to connect to the network though. I think maybe my router's current FW isn't compatible.

Anyway, if I hypothetically figure this out, and I hypothetically get banned from Live, can I still connect it in my Network to stream media from my computer... or will it ban me from that, too?

Also, most of the games I've burned so far I checked with XDVDMulleter and they were fine as-in, I didn't have to patch anything... does that seem right? Or have I already screwed myself, and I'll get banned instantly when I finally get my 360 to connect?

7. Games   -   #17
    lostdemon's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    If you downloaded games that were already stealth patched then you can just burn and play.

Don't worry you didn't screw yourself.

There are some older games which aren't stealth patched that you may have to patch yourself and if your on BCG there are tutorials on that.

Even with the latest firmware there are no guarantees that you won't get banned.

You risk getting banned the moment you mod your box.

I did mine and it was pretty easy. I have a benq drive.

I hope you enjoy your as much as I enjoyed mine.
    Especially when your playing the new GTA

8. Games   -   #18
    Gish's Avatar Seeda from Hell BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    you have a better chance of no RROD if you have a benQ and the new falcons processor. which started shipping at the end of last year. but if you end up getting the RROD then there are people out there that fix it. the guy that modded my 360 fixes it too. if you send it to M$, odds are it will take months.

a little off subject I'm waiting patiently for GTA IV NTSC. I cant wait

9. Games   -   #19
    BANNED BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    I got my 360...well,it just rox!!!
    I will never buy a gaming pc again(too much money)...so,i think ill go with consoles...consider what you really like...if you just like home-gaming a modified 360 will do the job.
    Well,the online is crazy!!!Im playing Army of Two all day,lol!!!
    The wii is a good sollution but believe me,in 1 month you will get it bored!!!Uneless you like childhood memories...
    PS3 is good,but unless you have a 32'' HD tv is useless.
    Gaming is better on 360,and believe,even if you wont modify it,you can still affod the cost.Ebay tulz....cheap games...50% the cost form shops....
    Wii---->kids
    PS3--->ok guyz is good but cant use its power machine yet...hell where are the exclusives????
    360---->unique gaming for 3+years

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12