Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Winrar help please[compression]

Aliyans's Avatar Came, Saw &Conquered BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    hi
    I have some video files that are just over dvd-5 size n some just over dvd-9 size which wont fit on disk . i tried to reduce size with winrar but with no effect. it came out with same size...i heard some people resized large files over 1gb to very small size which i'm not sure true or not..but i think winrar can compress to atleast 50% of actual size...i want help with how to do it like that, if anybody know that..thanx

Weindians

SHARING IS CARING..

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Phantom_Magus's Avatar DDC BT Rep: +4
    Have you tried changing the compression method on the main menu? Default is normal but if you change it to best it will likely help. Also under the advance tab there is a compression field you can change which may help as well.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    hi
    Yes i did change to best..no same size...

Weindians

SHARING IS CARING..

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Put simply, rar does not compress video well at all. No compression algorithm I've used have given decent compression ration, and take a LONG time to compress. If I were you, I'd forget about compressing the video and just split it (which I assume you want to do) using the "store" compression level.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    hi
    i would like to do it one dvd-5 or dvd-9[which i can get n the max available storage med]even from 8gb..i just need only just 50-100mb compression ..is there anything else do that

Weindians

SHARING IS CARING..

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    rocky1234's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    I don't believe there is a program to compress videos at a good extent..Would love to know if there is any ...

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    torrentgeek's Avatar Asta La Vista Baby BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    In my opinion video files are already in compressed state and can't be done further. If you want to reduce the file size the only option is to change the format.. mean, just convert it to Xvid / DivX. This makes the file size reduced. Though the video clarity may decrease.

Still looking out for
    ~~~~~~ScT & FTN ~~~~~~

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by torrentgeek View Post
    In my opinion video files are already in compressed state and can't be done further. If you want to reduce the file size the only option is to change the format.. mean, just convert it to Xvid / DivX. This makes the file size reduced. Though the video clarity may decrease.
    He wants lossless compression not lossy.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    dodgy368's Avatar Poster
    DVDShrink will fit them onto the discs you want.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    hi
    ya mbucari right..i dont want to convert my video..just compress..with winrar or iso or any other image file..fine..i will find another way..

Weindians

SHARING IS CARING..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast