Thread: getting connectable in utorrent with a VPN connection

KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Hi,

i just had to buy a vpn service because my isp is now shapping traffic and limiting bandwith usage for bittorrent, they suck

it works fine except i can't seem to be connectable, i opened TCP port 1723for PPTP and port 1701 UDP for LPTP in my router, same result

anyone managed to be connectable in utorrent using a VPN connection?

thx

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    BANNED BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Wow..

I have never thought about a situation like this..

You have probably already looked there but the only/best place I can think of for something like this would be portforward.com

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Torrent Lover BT Rep: +1
    Sorry if it seems that i underestimate your knowledge but did you open those ports for a specific lan ip i.e. 192.168.1.10 etc.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    I'm also interested in this...

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    I'm staff,kiss m ass BT Rep: +1
    Isn't the open port at your VPN provider's connection the relevant configuration?

Your router should just forward to VPN server, that server should accept incoming connections I think

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnentier View Post
    Isn't the open port at your VPN provider's connection the relevant configuration?

Your router should just forward to VPN server, that server should accept incoming connections I think
    That's what i'm thinking too

i understand that i only need to forward port used by the VPN connection, not the port i specify in utorrent (which i still do because i didn't remove it)

a friend told he was connectable using relakkks VPN, without doing anything with his router, so it must be server-side related i guess, i might be wrong

will do some test with other trackers to see if it's only sct who complains about being not connectable

allright, just tested on waffles and i'm connectable, for some reasons sct still see me as unconnectable
    Last edited by KFlint; 03-31-2008 at 11:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost