Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hdbits.org help

Grind$oFine's Avatar get n3rd3d BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    It's not one movie a month, it's essentially one download a week - no matter what.
    Someone could download 5 movies one week, (which would be ~20GB at the LEAST)
    and if they don't download anything the next week, they would've been banned.
    Even if they had a positive ratio,
    and they do have a decent amount of upload and download stats,
    and even if they continuously seed no matter how long it takes to seed back 1:1 or higher.
    It's a flawed system and it's not necessarily pruning bad users.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    AugustoP's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Although I don't like the rule and probably was on the brink of being disabled myself, it makes sense. If you're not particularly interested in that kind of content you should free your place for someone who is.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    72363 BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Grind$oFine View Post
    It's not one movie a month, it's essentially one download a week - no matter what.
    and even if they continuously seed no matter how long it takes to seed back 1:1 or higher.
    this rules sucks!

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    TidusBlade's Avatar Watermelon Knight BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by pelusa10 View Post
    hey guys! I need help!
    Does anyone know how to join the HDBits IRC channel?
    I'm trying to join that channel but I can't!
    all I know is the server and the channel are:
    irc.p2p-network.net
    #hdbits

thanks in advance!!
    They just changed their IRC system to not use a password, and instead to use an invite system...

Quote Originally Posted by AugustoP
    Although I don't like the rule and probably was on the brink of being disabled myself, it makes sense. If you're not particularly interested in that kind of content you should free your place for someone who is.
    I totally agree, theres not much slots, and lots of users wanting to get in. Why keep the people that download one movie every couple of months when there are users that are willing to upload new encodes, contribute to the community and make use of the tracker?

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    GoldStoNe's Avatar Elite Member BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Grind$oFine View Post
    hmmm...i'm not sure if your analysis is correct mate. The rules as earlier posted by Aliyans says---

Quote Originally Posted by Aliyans View Post
    "You MUST make use of your account. If you download very little, your account will be disabled." [1] If you up-/download less than 1 GB per week (approximately), your account is considered to be "inactive". This is an average value; you are not forced to actually up-/download 1 GB every week.
    It says 1 GB a week is the average.. How long have you been a member? and what is your amount of upload and download?

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    bikernin's Avatar KatanaLover BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    great!
    i just finished with my exams after two weeks. wanted to download some movies for a good overnight and what do i find? account disabled coz' i dint download for the past week. boo hoo
    its a bit of a joke really. ahh well, theres plenty other places out there but i actually liked this one.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldStoNe View Post
    hmmm...i'm not sure if your analysis is correct mate. The rules as earlier posted by Aliyans says---

Quote Originally Posted by Aliyans View Post
    "You MUST make use of your account. If you download very little, your account will be disabled." [1] If you up-/download less than 1 GB per week (approximately), your account is considered to be "inactive". This is an average value; you are not forced to actually up-/download 1 GB every week.
    It says 1 GB a week is the average.. How long have you been a member? and what is your amount of upload and download?
    i had more than 50 gigs uploaded and less than 10 downloaded and was not a member for more than 10-15 weeks. also i downloaded most of the movies in freeleech so those stats are not even recorded. what calculator says thats not 1GB a week?
    Last edited by bikernin; 04-02-2008 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    J-dye's Avatar BANNED BT Rep: +1
    freeleech doesnt count

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    bikernin's Avatar KatanaLover BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    torrents are freeleech so that more people download. and if that is not counted as activity, then thats really silly

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    Swift's Avatar twat BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    i think that counts because last week it was freeleech on all torrents and made some buffer on them so i think it counts !

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    Grind$oFine's Avatar get n3rd3d BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    With a rough estimation of when I joined, and my upload amount, and with the calculation of the download amount of the files still on my computer, I had about 7GB of transfer a week on average.

I went about a week and a half without downloading anything. I was busy with school, and I also have been grabbing Xbox 360 games when possible because I have plans to buy one as soon as I find a good deal - so thats been taking up a lot of my bandwidth. It was a momentary situation when I wasn't using the site.

So, though in the past I'm sure they were more lenient and actually followed their own rules of about 1GB a week average, they weren't being very fair when they did this banning over 1,000 users thing.

And like I said, I'm not crying over my loss, I'm not gonna die, I'm not even that upset, but this situation was pretty unjust. They could've just deleted people, at least given them a chance to "learn from their mistakes" if they would ever go through the trouble to get invited again. They could have even posted a note on the homepage a week prior and told people that they were gonna be examining accounts. I'm sure most of the "useless"/"inactive" people don't read the news anyway.

People keep saying they got rid of inactive people, but in reality, I bet there are people on the site who use it less than people who got banned - they just happened to download their 1GB that week in order to get by.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast