Thread: Suing The Riaa/anyone Else Actually

i was just thinking about what the riaa is doing basically they are suing us for sharing representations of artists music (mp3's).
    How about doing the same to them. Make a site called 'my wonderful online art shop' or something. But this shop sells rights to own jpeg's rather thn the actualy pictures themselves a bit like what you do with a cd.
    Anyway each jpeg is selling for 1.2million dollars or something like that. Anyway you send an email to riaa heads of staff or whatever which include the page inside them. When they view the jpegs the pics will be saved in their temporary internet files making them guilty of obtaining copyrighted material worth 1.2 million.
    Anyway you sue them for exactly what they r suing kazaa users for.
    If they get out of it by a legal argument theyve set a precedent kazaa users can use if they settle or lose you make a fortune.
    Now are there any mistakes ive made.
    (alternatively you could send it to important politicians)

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    don't think that could work, becasue they arn't willingly downloading them, like us

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    well they r no ones forcing them to make there computer download files off a server.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    netweiser_com
    yeh but RIAA has the right to download this stuff dont it? it must be working with record companys, so us trying to sue them would just mean TROUBLE FOR US!

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    DarkBlizzard's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by netweiser_com@6 August 2003 - 03:19
    yeh but RIAA has the right to download this stuff dont it? it must be working with record companys, so us trying to sue them would just mean TROUBLE FOR US!
    I don't think they would.....well even if the company is allowed u could just sue the person that works for the RIAA and not the RIAA.