Thread: Connect To Tv

abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    i might get a new comp with a nvidia 5200. it has tv out, but i think it's only s-video. my tv doesn't have a s-video port. wat do i do?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    get an s-video to rca adaptor

there are a few posts about this, just do a search
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    s-video to RCA adapter cable should work, unless your video card is incompatible with simple adapter cables. not sure how common that problem is, but my Geforce4MX wouldn&#39;t display TV-out through an adapter cable.

you should just go ahead and spend &#036;5 on the adapter cable first, and if that doesn&#39;t work then you may need a more sophisticated converter box.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    They sell them at Radio Shack, that&#39;s were i got my S-Video to RCA converter.

You do get the best picture if your TV has S-video input because there&#39;s no downgradeing.

RCA just makes it hard to read fine text, so i use it to play PC games on my tv screen which is bigger than my 17" moniter.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    victory28
    any nividia 5200 card will come with an S-video to RCA cable adapter in the box, you juest need an RCA cable to hook it up, but like others said, it doesn&#39;t look very good unless you&#39;re watching a movie or playing a game. Its hard to read text.