Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Virgin Media takes fight to illegal downloaders

stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    well the 4 i tried were

alt.binaries.games
    alt.binaries.xbox
    alt.binaries.divx
    alt.binaries.sounds.mp3.complete_cd

but they do others as well, but only 7 days retention so they are not great, but they are still there and you can still download from them.

or are you taking the piss because i called them rooms?
    Last edited by stoi; 04-04-2008 at 06:51 PM.

2. News (Archive)   -   #12
    virgin said they have no plans on doing so yet

3. News (Archive)   -   #13
    oldfogy's Avatar n00b
    What some people may seem to be forgetting is that Virgin Media & Virgin Music have one thing in common! Richard Branson....
    So it's partially in it's interest to be seen to be doing whatever it can.

However, I most certainly don't spend £50+ every month on music or movies, and that is what they will be losing just from me if they put this sanction in place.
    If I lose my internet connection, then my phone and TV account will most certainly be going as well.
    I would not let them have the satisfaction of taking one more penny from me.

There are still plenty of other providers around, some of which are also cheaper than Virgin Media.

4. News (Archive)   -   #14
    psychophil's Avatar Member BT Rep: +2
    I have never been with Virgin Media.
    But some of my colleagues at work are, and they've told me in no uncertain terms that if they recieve a warning letter they will move to another provider.
    Have they not learnt from the Sky incident last year, when they lost 1000's of customers.
    They say it is to weed out the pirates who use the most bandwidth.
    I say it's just scare tactics, but I also think they will make an exception of Little Jonny's parents or Nanny Agnes who allowed their wireless to be compromised, withoout knowing.
    The Community is nothing without sharing !!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12