Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Theft Auto IV anyone?

asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    I was just thinking about Iron Man releasing only 3 days after GTA4. What a horrible move on there part. People are spending $90+ a pop on this game. I'd at least push it back, or release it a couple weeks before.

2. Games   -   #32
    adissan's Avatar Piers Morgan Fan BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    i heard the pc game version was delayed a lot from xbox version
    I can bearly wait to play this game

3. Games   -   #33
    chip19's Avatar a chip off ol' death BT Rep: +4
    People are saying that if EA succeeds in purchasing TTWO then they will wait until Q4 to release the game because of the way they want their earnings per quarter to go. Hope that doesn't happen.

4. Games   -   #34
    BANNED BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    OH HELLS YES. getting it the day it comes out, and I mean ACTUALLY BUYING IT.

5. Games   -   #35
    Grand Theft Auto IV Site Gets an Update
    Written Friday, April 11, 2008 by James Parkin

Straight from Rockstar Games we get word that the official site for Grand Theft Auto IV has gotten a lot more content added today.
    Here's what was updated:

New multiplayer modes and details
    Multiplayer Modes

Two new videos
    Playboy X
    Liberty City Gun Club

Two new radio stations/DJs
    Electrochoc
    LC Hardcore

A mess of flash sites for in-game features
    The Men's Room
    Goldber, Ligner, and Shyster
    Bean Machine
    ZiT
    A ton of new screens
    GTA IV Screens

If by chance you haven't been keeping yourself updated, take a walk on over to the official site located here:
    http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/

more updates

6. Games   -   #36
    gzriks's Avatar Member
    I wait for this already for a long time that it is published

7. Games   -   #37
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    Liberty City Gun Club just made my day

8. Games   -   #38
    2 fun little article to read about how the game might not be so good....

Could GTA IV Disappoint?

gamesradar.com — You've heard the hype. Grand Theft Auto IV is going to be amazing... monumental... revolutionary... life changing... world altering... universe shifting... the best game of the year, if not the best thing in the history of EVER. Or is it...?! Well, yes, probably. . .but. . .FULL ARTICAL…
    -Source Digg.com

GTA IV gets the Bad Cop treatment

While we have seen many overly positive previews so far, GTA IV certainly can't be perfect -- no game is. Luckily there are still some journalists out there who dare to have a slightly critical look at R*'s latest piece. Two of those are IGN's Patch Kolan and Cam Shea, who review the game's multiplayer component in Good Cop, Bad Cop style.

Amongst the things they aren't too happy about are clumsy camera controls, an imbalanced lock-on system, frame-rate hiccups and most worryingly the graphics:
    "The depth-of-field blur effect is far too heavily applied to the multiplayer game. Everything that is more than 50 feet down the street from you starts to pixelate and distort strangely, as if filtered through a haze of tiny droplets of vegetable oil."
    That is indeed something many people are confused about. In most screenshots we can see blurry, low-detail buildings (not just in the distance), as well as heavy distortion -- especially in areas of water, foliage and shadows -- resembling a quality known only from paintings. According to a recent Kotaku article, those distortion filters are intended to actually improve the game's visuals:
    "I suspect there's a filter involved, something that gives the world a touch of artistry. [...] Jeronimo Barrera tells me that Rockstar loves its filters. It helps, he says, fool the eye, masks some of the imperfections that games, no matter how next-gen, will always have."
    Whether this is for better or for worse and impacts the gameplay noticably, remains to be something players will have to decide for themselves when the game comes to stores later this month.
    - Source GTA4.net
    Last edited by asmithz; 04-13-2008 at 04:54 AM.

9. Games   -   #39
    Cannot wait for GTA4, gonna take time off work to play it!!

10. Games   -   #40
    GTA IV Reviewed by OXM

OXM is available in the UK

Official Xbox Magazine is the first magazine to review Grand Theft Auto IV. Subscribers in the UK began receiving their issues today.
    The verdict from OXM is:

• Amazingly realistic world.
    • Stunning action set pieces.
    • Genuinely engrossing storyline.
    • Hugely entertaining multiplayer.
    • Vast in every respect.

...and the final score given by OXM is 10 out of 10.
    So there you have it. There's a whole bunch of new screenshots including HUD shots, so be sure to pick up this issue if you can find it in your area.
    Doesn't really tell us anything new, but it got a 10 out of 10

Xbox 360 at 58%, PlayStation 3 at 42%

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/04/14/po...-gta-iv-for-x/
    Last edited by asmithz; 04-15-2008 at 12:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast